Configuring QoS on 3Com OfficeConnect ADSL Router?

RadioActive

RadioActive

I'm trying to figure out how to enable and configure the QoS in my 3Com router (3CRWDR101A-75) but I'm a bit confused and ironically the help doesn't help at all.

What I want to achieve is the following:

1- (Video) Streaming should have the highest priority when active.

2- Browsing should have a medium priority when active.

3- BitTorrent connections should have low proprity if (1) and/or (2) is active, otherwise it should take all the bandwidth it needs.

Is that kind of setup possible through QoS?

I attached the QoS page on my router, I'd appreciate any help on the matter.

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I have a pretty much crappy router to be able to help you there, but on a side note cFosSpeed has a really easy way to prioritize protocols and softwares. Infact, if I'm not mistaken, what you've asked is the default setting in cFosSpeed. Hope that helps. :)

RadioActive

I have a pretty much crappy router to be able to help you there, but on a side note cFosSpeed has a really easy way to prioritize protocols and softwares. Infact, if I'm not mistaken, what you've asked is the default setting in cFosSpeed. Hope that helps. :)

Well, I'd prefer to use the router if possible, but until someone can help figure that thing out I'll give cFos a try, thanks mate.

Edit: I tried cFos and I didn't like it, I'd like to use my router instead if anyone know how.

Archived