ESET v5xxx

dumble

Hello nsane-members,

Did anyone installed the new beta's of the most popular program of this forum?

How is it working for you?

- What version are you running? Smart Security or AntiVirus?

- What OS are you running?

- What 'FIX' are you using?

- Is it faster then v4?

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some installed it, but I wouldn't recommend using any security software which is beta stage.

Cheers ;)

yeah yeah we know, its beta, its not optimal security, its bla bla bla, but if no1's trying the beta's there is not gonna be any improvements as-well..

This topic is for nsane-members to post there experiences with the new version, not to be advised not to install it. We all know it is beta software

You've got I point there, but will you report your issues to Eset with beta, that's the question? Will you even know that issue exists?

Cheers ;)

And you got a point there ^_^ .. I'll probably wont report anything to ESET.. and if there are issues ill probably wont now whats up.. (but maybe some members (you?) do :dance2: )

Anyhow, all I can say its running fine

- ESET AntiVirus v5.0.65.0

- Windows XP PRO SP3

- NodLogin 10.0.5

eset.png

Sl@pSh0ck™

I'm using Nod32 v5.0.65 Beta - running smoothly here on win 7 ult x64

The only issue I encounter was some Windows update error, but can be corrected by temporarily disabling "protocol filtering" in the advanced options - web and email, other than that running lightning fast on my system.

brain_death

This. Usual issues with installing the new version, needing a clean install rather than an upgrade, but once working the new version looks good and seems to work well, although the alert that flashes up after every on-demand scan can be a little annoying...

You don't need a fix for the beta version, btw!

You can turn off the alerts.

Press f5 > User interface > alerts & notifications

brain_death

You can turn off the alerts.

Press f5 > User interface > alerts & notifications

That's right, but you can only disable *all* alerts, not those displayed after an on-demand scan specifically.

In retrospect, I think maybe ESET describe this feature as a notification or balloon tip anyhow, but changing the default notification level of these away from informative means you're no longer told about successful updates I believe, which I rather like...

It would be good to have the option to disable notifications/balloon tips after an on-demand scan only. It may be there or coming in future, but I haven't found it yet!

• Administrator

@brain_death: Did you try options in "Advanced Setup" in Alerts and Notifications?

brain_death

@brain_death: Did you try options in "Advanced Setup" in Alerts and Notifications?

Yes, but not for any length of time. I just looked for what I wanted, played around a little and read what ESET like to call their documentation lol...

You can switch off the notification balloon tips but AFAIK, not those displayed after an on-demand scan without losing those after an update too.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

• 2 months later...

ESET AntiVirus v5.0.84.0

Windows vista ultimate.

Used box,marra fix 1.4 -> Eset is fully green but in options "product activation in progress" - well see what it does within a few days lol

The only issue I encounter was some Windows update error, but can be corrected by temporarily disabling "protocol filtering" in the advanced options - web and email, other than that running lightning fast on my system.

Installd Eset 5.0+ - I couldnt update through windows update on Vista - Tried this and worked - big thanks.

The update that has problems is

Update for Windows Vista (KB2570791)

Update type: Important

Install this update to resolve issues caused by revised daylight saving time and time zone laws in several countries. This update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2011. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information: Here

Edit: I did fill in the Beta Contact Form & sent it flying.

The Next Generation of Computer Security is coming on September 13th! Watch our Facebook page for more information.

Archived