Image Cutting Application

General Lee

General Lee

Hey guys. :) I was trying to fix a little problem with an image i had, today, and it wasn't really working out. :s So, I thought I'd ask you guys for a little help with this. :lol: For example, I'll use this image:

straight%20lines%20template.jpg

Now, you see the there are 6 separate bunches of straight lines; there's 2 then a blank white space, then 2, then space, then 2. Now, imagine the lines were, well, lined up perfectly, lol and there was even space under them. So, to the main issue; how would I be able to cut that blank white space out from in between the 2 bunches on top and the middle one? Cut in such a way, that the actual part of that image gets deleted and the bunches of lines come together to make it look as if there never was any space in between to begin with. So, is there any application out there that can cut part of an image (vertically, horizontally, diagonally) or can that actually be done with Microsoft's Paint application (or IrfanView)? If it can, please link me to a guide or list the steps. I tried finding it myself but, had no luck. Thank you. :)

• Replies 1
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paint.NET should be able to do that for ya. You can download it from the frontpage.

Steps to take: select the area between two lines to find out how many px it is, then select the top two 'groups' and move them towards the middle groups. (Just try to make them as far away as the others are.) Then select the space in between the two 'groups' and see if it matches the amount of px between the other lines. After that you select the whole image except for the top (which is now blank because you moved the top groups down a little) and select 'Crop to selection' in one of the top menu's. (I believe it's the second.)

Edit: I have no idea why I suggested Paint.NET because Microsoft's Paint should be able to do this as well, using the same steps (I believe).

Archived