Do you believe in GOD?

zeon22

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you belive in God?

it is funny when people 'believe' there is 'air' although they cant see it. dont u think so? maybe because we've been taught since we were kids. :dance2:

• Replies 93
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nima

:)

I am certainly not offended by what you said, how could I be, you (in your eyes) probably tried to save me from (what you saw as) a great danger (hell) ;)

I had no intention of convincing you, as I knew I would not succeed :P

@Leet

Those seemingly impossible things were still possible within the laws of physics, the seemingly impossible things we are discussing are not possible within the laws of (today's) physics. However the laws of physics (as we know them) have changed on more than one occasion, so who knows... (I never said I was sure there couldn't be 'a God', just not 'the God as described in the books'. As I mentioned I'm agnostic ;))

I believe in Jehovah (the name of God... also is accepted Javeh) with all my heart, all my life and all my forces.

God has many names. Depends on region, historical period and culture among others. You might find interesting to know that the same God you adore is officially adored by the Christian Arabs, under the name of Allah. Put this here as a curiosity, as many seem to doubt that Allah is the same God as YHWH/Yahweh.

Unrelated: For starters, it would be nice it everyone should try and stop convincing the others of their truth. It's not how it works. You give people what to read, encourage them to do that, then only if they ask for help, you offer it. Otherwise people will just be bugged off because somebody else is trying to force their way in their minds.

So if God is omnipotent (infinite capabilities; can do everything) then he is able to stop every murder from happening, but yet he doesn't; hence he is bad. But the Qur'an (as does the Bible), I believe, claims that this 'God' is good. So there is a logical fallacy here, so the God who is spoken of does not exist.

you can only know GOD by your heart and not by your logical mind alone, because everything about your preconceive ideas of good and bad will be a term you use to designate something with which you agree or not. The only way to move forward on this is to ask yourself, "What would happen if everything I thought was 'wrong' was actually 'right'?"

Your heart, per definition, cannot know. I know you are pointing at something like 'feeling', but feelings are still subject to rationality (as in feelings are determined, not 'random' or disconnected from the physical).

What would happen if everything I thought was 'wrong' was actually right? That'd be a pity... But I'm fairly sure that my physical self (the person I am now) would not mind much, as I would just be dead. There might be some spirit representing me in your 'other world' who would be rather pissed off at me, but I'm fairly sure I wouldn't mind :) (Thanks for your concern though (honestly).)

Your wrong dude about how our heart really is... because your second brain is in your heart... Neurologist Dr. Andrew Amour from Montreal in Canada discovered a sophisticated collection of neurons in the heart organised into a small but complex nervous system. The heart's nervous system contains around 40,000 neurons called sensory neurites that communicate with the brain. He called it "the Little Brain in the Heart". It has been known for many years that memory is a distributive process. You can't localise memory to a neuron or a group of neurons in the brain. The memory itself is distributed throughout the neural system. Today new science is testing the theory that the heart is involved in our feelings, that it is intelligent and that it sometimes can lead the brain in our interpretation of the world around us.

our physical outlook and everything we did either good or bad, represents our heart healtiness.

Unrelated: For starters, it would be nice it everyone should try and stop convincing the others of their truth. It's not how it works. You give people what to read, encourage them to do that, then only if they ask for help, you offer it. Otherwise people will just be bugged off because somebody else is trying to force their way in their minds.

Agreed. Let their "free will" decide for themselves. Pushing your belief to someone could start a war.

Let me tell you....there is a God.

How do you think I got here.:evil:

Also, telling someone that if they don't believe in a religion they will be condemned to hell is not a threat, if that were true then I threaten you by saying if you don't eat healthy you will get fat. Makes sense? Of course not, because it isn't a threat, it's just a conditional statement and because you have freedom of choice you can choose to eat kfc and choose to not follow a religion.

If you tell me that I'll get fat by not eating healthy , sure that's not a threat, by I can check those facts for myself and decide whether that's true or not.

Then I can contemplate what to do with that information.

In this case all I have is some words written on a paper more than 2000 years ago, there is absolutely nothing beside that.

But let's say it's true ... it is a direct threat anyway, why would God need to burn me cause I don't believe in a event that took place 2000 years ago ?

If he has all those powers (creating universe and everything inside it) , zillions year old wisdom , he really needs worshiping that much ?

I mean fine, I have no problem with that if those are the rules, but show yourself from time to time or perform some miracle, anything ...

LeetPirate

I see what you're saying, but I think you're just in the wrong timeline for those miracles and so on. Maybe one day we will discover how to traverse an Einstein-Rosen bridge but actually now that I think about it if humans learned time travel everyone would go back for selfish reasons so I hope we never learn it, lol.

I don't know if you will ever find the miracle you're looking for but just do good and help those in need as much as you can and so on and you will certainly feel enlightened and receive an ultimate feeling inside that I can't describe. Whether you want to follow a religion or not, just be fair and just in your actions and be good.

I'd like to have witnessed some great miracle too but to be honest I don't think I would have wanted to be born in those time periods, I'm not into riding horses and so on. I often though about being born in the future where technology is quantum leaps ahead but then I think about the slowly diminishing ozone layer and the depleting natural resources and I figure future generations are in deep shit, lol. hackerz14 post some interesting things I didn't know about before. Now that I think about it, sometimes when you do something really good and you get that good feeling it emanates in the torso area. I can remember when I was about 5 years old I did something really bad and I know it was bad because it put another kid in physical pain, I got this tremendous ill feeling about my torso area and I didn't know what to do. Ever since that time I strived to do good things even though at that time I didn't really know about God and so on so regardless of what a person believes, they should strive to be good.

I don't need miracle , but really can't find another word, miracles are associated with God , that's why I used that word.

I just can't solely rely on some book written in time where people thought that the world was flat and stood on the back of an elephant.

Need something more, sorry.

LeetPirate

He could be looking for some sign or divine intervention, it's just one of those things you can't really rush or provide for someone else. Just have to wait and hope the person finds what they are looking for on their own I think.

He could be looking for some sign or divine intervention, it's just one of those things you can't really rush or provide for someone else. Just have to wait and hope the person finds what they are looking for on their own I think.

If he is waiting for something miracle to happen it may never arrive... There is a principle operating here which is telling us . "Get on and live your life in the present moment and don't hold your breath for things to happen." In doing so, you demonstrate a certain detachment from the end result.

@shajt What do you really want? Can you specify what it is?

What do you mean exactly ?

I thought this was debate, I'm just making my points.

If you weren't able to see my point through the posts so far, well ... I really can't repeat myself.

But okay, let me simplify it for the last time ... I can't see ANY evidence that God exists, that this universe was created by someone, let alone believe in that bible crap.

And trust me, I did my work looking very hard to find something.

It is YOU who believe in God that needs to specify that and convince me that God exists.

Otherwise we can believe in absolutely any story.

If you want to believe in fairy tales be my guest, I have no problems with that.

Want to know who had that experience first and who was told first about it.

Any beliver with inside information?

Or not?

Any religion that threatens people to belive in one or another way is obvious something not to take for truth.

Is it really that illogical to you? Religious people believe in accountability for their actions, so the guy down the street who murders somebody (because he has free will and can do it) could run from the laws that bind a country but a religious person believes that the guilty will be held accountable for their actions and such a murderer will be held accountable for his actions. I guess you don't believe in accountability, fairness or justice. They are the same concept here except that religious people seek their fairness and justice on a different level.

Also, telling someone that if they don't believe in a religion they will be condemned to hell is not a threat, if that were true then I threaten you by saying if you don't eat healthy you will get fat. Makes sense? Of course not, because it isn't a threat, it's just a conditional statement and because you have freedom of choice you can choose to eat kfc and choose to not follow a religion.

It's amazing the things people are incapable of understanding when our history as human beings hold many answers. I'll tell you what we like to do, condemn every possibility of belief in something more advanced than what we have. If you told someone 500 years ago you could fit their entire life story on a tiny silicon chip they would say you're crazy. There are people today who still disbelieve in the possibility of quantum computing and sustainable cold fusion, luckily not everyone is quick to give up on seemingly impossible things thus we have managed to reach this far. But you see the problem is people refuse to believe that God could be using infinitely more advanced technology than us because the pride and ego of humans prevents us from thinking that anything could reach beyond our present capability. It's that same kind of fat ego that makes shajt believe he could demand an audience with God, trust me even people from the past times who witnessed true miracles by moses and jesus etc still refused to believe, so why demand proof if you have a closed mind and have no intention of seeking the truth? USA and Russia have that going on for decades, while USA would waste millions to invent a pen that could write in space, the Russians would just use a wooden pencil. And it's all because of pride and ego that some Americans still think today they they won the war in Vietnam and that they could wipe out Russia, lol. Russia only needs to use 10% of their nuclear payload to obliterate USA which is why when Putin disrespects USA they have to take it and like it because they can't do shit about it.

Wise man from India said:

It is said that you have about 60,000 thoughts per day, but did you know that 95% are the same thoughts as you had yesterday?

When these same thoughts are negative you have fallen into bad mental habits. Rather than focusing on all the good in your life and thinking of ways to make things even better; you become a captive of your past.

OK, but you haven't answered my question yet?

The first!

That was threaten?

And burned.

And told next on the list about it.

Names!

Time for a movie now.

See you!

I AM GOD !

If you don`t believe me, you will be punished by those who follow me...

You must follow me or you will die !

:stupid: ??

:rolleyes: OMFG!!! :bong:

I think this discussion has reached it's natural 'saturation point' ;)

Various people shared their views and it's clear that none of us will agree with another (as expected), let's all carry on with our lives as we did before and hope there is only good ahead of us :)

Sl@pSh0ck™

I think this discussion has reached it's natural 'saturation point' ;)

Various people shared their views and it's clear that none of us will agree with another (as expected), let's all carry on with our lives as we did before and hope there is only good ahead of us :)

Amen to that :)

Archived