What laptop brand do you recommend?

princi

Good day.. Anyway this is a software forum i will have a other thread to open. I bought a toshiba laptop a year ago I use Toshiba SL510. 2.2 GHZ intel dual core, 250gb hard drive. I am now experiencing some freezes in my computer now but my hard drive are not that loaded much. I'm planning to buy a new one so what brand would suggest for me to buy.

I'm glad for your soon responses.

• Replies 28
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recommend Dell. They have very good offers for business (not only business laptops) and if some of your friends work for company you should ask him for one of this offer. Dell prepare one good offer every month with the highest support form and better components with nice prize (sometimes a class higher than on their official page, but in the same prize). I bought my XPS 15 from Oracle guy and I can't complain on anything. Of course you can modify offer with exacly what you want - lustreless matrix? No problem. With configuration what I have in Apple I will overprice 3x and still have not e.x USB 3.0 and 7200 RPM HDD etc.

all the computers i have ever had have been dells except for when i bought a hp laptop and hated it and sold it. i know there are probably other good companies out there but the only problem i ever had with dell was a graphics card failed on me 3 months after buying a desktop computer 6 years ago just wait if you can until they have a really good coupon... sometimes as high as 34% off. good luck

MSI, Asus, Dell, Lenovo... Toshiba and Samsung are ok.

There all solid machines, they all use mostly intel mainboards and to be honest other than there layout most of them use similar internals

I would stay clear of an entry level HP, Compaq, Acer, they are bottom feeders and there internal parts are garbage.

Stay clear of the DV series from HP... I see about 3 -10 a month that either have bad inverters, bad screens or a bad mainboards.

The company I work for is a Lenovo service center and well we rarely see any in for service other than to clean infections.

I heard one can special order an assembled laptops nowadays.

You mostly have to be a whitebook/system builder to get parts but you can find companies that will sell the laptop shell.

http://www.rkcomputer.net/rkcnotebooks/ is a place that sells compal and MSI barebone laptop shells

majithia23

@ The Pope ,

+1 for the good advice ... ;)

stay away from HP ...

its crap and as said especially the DV series .

i own it and how eager i am to throw this into a bin ..... <_<

go for a Lenovo or a Vaio or a Toshiba ....

pretty good builds ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh man, you cant be serious

They have a good case and all, but ridiculously overpriced. I mean ridiculously!

I'd say ASUS G series are probably best bang for your buck, but toshibas are OK as well.

I have an ASUS, but after about a year, its starting to get problems regarding temps ( I oc'd my graphics card), and its harddrive is pretty crap as well (thats why its cheaper!)

If you are feeling adventurous, try out CLEVO/SAGER laptops - my friend grabbed one, they are quite cheap, good build, don't overheat, awesome components. customize and all!

You can take a look at http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-clevo-sager-notebooks-ct-95_51_162.html

Go for ASUS bro. It's cheaper than others. :dance2:

In my experience, Tosh, Dell, Asus, and Lenovo are good choices...but that doesn't mean they are the only good ones by any means. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using a Dell Inspiron now, I like it a lot.It gets a little hot on the bottom because of poor vent placements, but other that that I'm happy with Dell.

LeetPirate

Go for ASUS bro. It's cheaper than others. :dance2:

Yea go for ASUS. They have good stuff. I have an ASUS, it works great. My second choice would be DELL. ASUS does not have the best warranty but I buy ASUS because there is a great chance of getting high quality so I never have to bother with warranty. I choose DELL for family and relatives because they have the best warranty, I called them once and they sent a guy over with a replacement hdd in 3 days. I guess it would vary by country. Definitely do NOT buy hp, unless you want a laptop that can also be a space heater or a leg roaster or the cause of your house burning down.

Hey! guyz what about GIGABYTE laptops? Do they have heating issues??

Because i am going to bye Gigabyte P2532 N laptop

Please i would like to hear does the Gigabyte laptops are good or bad and whether its worth to buy

Regards

Dark Lord

I would stay clear of an entry level HP, Compaq, Acer,

Well, I would highly recommend Acer. I have it over year now and it works great. Laptop was cheaper then Toshiba and other but I got much better configuration then I would get with Toshiba for example. LCD is also fantastic. Image is unbelievable good.

Cheers ;)

Hey! guyz what about GIGABYTE laptops? Do they have heating issues??

Because i am going to bye Gigabyte P2532 N laptop

Please i would like to hear does the Gigabyte laptops are good or bad and whether its worth to buy

Regards

Dark Lord

Went and looked at the Trio at the site.. Looks like a nice option filled model.. :P Didn't look at the price or specs though.. Didn't know GIGABYTE made laptops.

• 1 month later...

hem, my dream laptop is lenovo business series (thinkpad X1) :rolleyes:

rugged, really solid laptop :wub:

I definitely recommend Dell (got Dell Inspiron) since they give you along windows 7 OEM dvd,downline on HP machines,since all is "pre-installed"

on the HD. (Btw,little hint... When booting the new HP or other similar computer for the FIRST TIME with pre-installed OS+software,HIT HIT HIT that "go to BIOS settings key"

and change it to boot FIRST from USB.. save settings+boot the computer from USB STICK with Acronis True Image on it,make a full sector-by-sector backup of the main+hidden partition

(from where it installs the stuff on C-drive,and then it tags stuff on the hidden partition that its already installed..) to another external USB-HD,so if you ever gonna sell that machine to

someone,restore those images back on the machine,and it starts up as a brand new machine with (possible) options to choose the OS language etc..

@majithia23:

Dunno if you're using some cheaper models of HP comps,I have nothing to complain about them,except the battery is garbage on most HP machines..

I have 2 HP's and they only have one problem, batteries are dead,and not planning to buy a new ones. :)

@majithia23:

Dunno if you're using some cheaper models of HP comps,I have nothing to complain about them,except the battery is garbage on most HP machines..

I have 2 HP's and they only have one problem, batteries are dead,and not planning to buy a new ones. :)

naa .. it wasnt a cheap one .

this HP Pavilion dV5 i bought costed me about $800 or $900 ., 2 years back .

dont remember exactly

its just that --- hp is bad ..

it worked ok for a whole year and a half and then it started to go rickety .

graphic card failed , some power supply component failed .

and its a power monster .

heats up too much ... much meaning too much ...

had i joined this forum before i bought my laptop ,

i would have gone with the prudent advice and almost a unanimous opinion of the forums other worthy members --- Stay Away from HP . ..!

and HP is a failure in terms of Laptop manufacturing , the stats also report this ...

see --- squaretradenotebookfail.jpg

HP has the highest failure rates ...!

you just lucky , you got a good piece ,

or the store accidentally sold of a unit that was actually meant for their store manager ... ;)

just kidding .... :)

its good they are deciding to wrap up their pc business .... :)

here if you want the full report --- An analysis of reported laptop failures from malfunctions and accidental damage.

I have ASUS N50VN from 3 years ago.

CPU: Core2Duo 2.53 GHZ + 6Mb cache

RAM: 4 GB

GPU : Geforce 9650 mGT 1 GB ram.

Blueray reader.

lniozer ( for Clean air around of user )

If i pass PhD degree exam, i want to buy Sony z series :rolleyes: .

Sony Z series:

CPU: 3.4 Ghz + 4Mb cache

Ram: 8 GB

GPU: 1 GB

13.1 inch

1.5 KG weight

3800 $ :fear:

I have ASUS N50VN from 3 years ago.

CPU: Core2Duo 2.53 GHZ + 6Mb cache

RAM: 4 GB

GPU : Geforce 9650 mGT 1 GB ram.

Blueray reader.

lniozer ( for Clean air around of user )

If i pass PhD degree exam, i want to buy Sony z series :rolleyes: .

Sony Z series:

CPU: 3.4 Ghz + 4Mb cache

Ram: 8 GB

GPU: 1 GB

13.1 inch

1.5 KG weight

3800 $ :fear:

sony are expensive. can you not get same features with something else?

Archived