Do you think avast pro is better than nod32?

mrkool123

• Replies 29
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also what do you think about F secure 2011?

Nod32 Security Suite/AV win hands down against anything out there except ESET beta5 ;)

PurplebeanZ

Best antivirus I've tried is avira, but I don't use it on my pc because of the crappy taskbar icon (not a great reason, but it really bugs me) Avast is not bad, but I prefer eset.

But the best AV is still your brain. ;) Living with only Malwarebytes On Demand and no AV in the background - no infection since... 3 years? :huh: Sometimes tracking coockie appears, but this isn't a thing that will hurt you somehow. I can say that my CPU has second life. :P Performance is awesome with no AV. :P

F-secure 2011 Is very good, they won "AV Product of the Year" in December 2010 (av-comparatives.org) and I can only agree with, they've done a good job from their former products.

Still not the world's lightest security product, but still significantly better than for exampletheir 2010 products.

And that they have one of the best "false posetive" does not make things worse happy.gif

I use KIS2011

but between Avast Pro & Eset, I prefer Avast

Haven't used Avast but I'm using NOD32 since version 2.7 and I have only good words to say about it. It's really lightweight and as far as I recall, I didn't get any infection since I'm using it (this also depends on your browsing habits, etc).

Best antivirus I've tried is avira, but I don't use it on my pc because of the crappy taskbar icon (not a great reason, but it really bugs me) Avast is not bad, but I prefer eset.

:rolleyes: Yeah.. I agree about the icon .. LOL.. But the options and controllability was complete crap..

Uhm.. F-Secure Blacklight Scanner I have .. F-Secure has had some high ratings in the past... I know of a few people who have used Avast.. but personally I like ESET.. it seems younger people love the icon and UI quite a bit.. which isn't bad.. but there are always other reasons for making a decision on an AV...

Best advice I have is follow strict security and never put anything personal on your system.. until you know for yourself.. after years of computing, which on is best and works for you.. which could be something yet unnamed and non-existent at this point in time..

I don't know about Avast Pro but I prefer Avast Internet Security over ESS. Im really impressed with AIS actually.

As for F-Secure it drove me mad. I think it's detection is good but too heavy and too many processes running. The false positives were ridiculous as well. This is from my experience and I wouldn't recommend it to a :pirate: It kept telling me XP Manager was a threat and deleted it. No matter how many times I excluded it, it would still hassle me every few days. And other legit programs had the same problem.

I don't remember actually having a virus ever that wasn't caught by whatever I was running at the time. They were usually in emails.

Im using AIS on 1 and KIS on another pc, no probs with either of them. I don't find KIS heavy on resources like some do.

RadioActive

I use Avast Internet Security 6.0 on my PC and ESET Smart Security 4.X on my laptop, so I have tried both.

Those are the reasons I prefer Avast:

- It provides and excellent set of features (Sandboxing, Code Emulation, SafeZone, WebRep...and a few others).

- VERY customizable, which is what I like the most. You can either use its default settings and keep it as a "set-and-forget" or if you're like me, I like to customize exactly how my AV acts and deals with threats.

-A very nice feature is its ability to provide SSL/TLS. Most people (who use e-mail clients such as Outlook) don't realize than any antivirus can't scan their e-mails if they're encrypted (using SSL or TLS) and here is where Avast's feature come in handy, the e-mails are sent and received through Avast and it provides the necessary encryption as apposed to the e-mail client, that way it can ensure all e-mails being scanned. (or at least that's how I understand it, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

-Price, yes I did say price. Avast is quite affordable, especially they always make nice promotions. So, this is a solid point for those who actually intend to pay for the product.

-They offer a pretty decent FREE version of their product which is NOT crippled (like Avira), so that gives them a + in my book.

-When I bought the license it was for version 5.X, but later on they release version 6.X and I got a free upgrade which is something that I haven't seen many (if any) AV vendors do.

-It's incredibly light on the resources.

- I like the voice-overs :D

That being said, I have no affiliation with Avast, I'm simply a satisfied customer.

PS: If you're wondering if I like Avast so much why do I use ESET on my laptop, the reason is simple I like variety! :P

I agree with all that apart from I turn off the voiceovers, even though she is quite sexy nowdays :D

Thanks.What do you think about norton 2011?Why I am asking,because recently a virus got pass ess and i had to use mbam to remove it.I'm thinking about trying another av for a short while,but I don't know which one to try.

RadioActive

Thanks.What do you think about norton 2011?Why I am asking,because recently a virus got pass ess and i had to use mbam to remove it.I'm thinking about trying another av for a short while,but I don't know which one to try.

Norton is an excellent product but it has a high rate of false positives and it tends to take away the control form the user, it's a bit too automated for my taste.

Use the 30 day trials of the ones your interested in. You will soon find which you like or don't like. Some only lasted a day on my machine because it wouldn't ask me what to do with fixes etc, it just deleted them/quarantined them such as Norton.

With Avast I have it to ask me first. But email virus it does deal with very well.

No one can tell you what you will like. I've tried loads that people recommended only to find I couldn't get on with them.

Comodo is very good nowdays, as good as most payed for options.

Would you try the new eset smart security 5 beta?Do you think it would be less secure than stable version,being in beta?

kallejosef

Do you think avast pro is better than nod32?

Yes

AV testing

http://www.youtube.com/user/MalwareGuru

ESET 4

http://www.youtube.com/user/MalwareGuru#p/f/16/cAqQGLN3SuU

Avast 6

http://www.youtube.com/user/MalwareGuru#p/f/20/T2Afh5E3Rp0

AV testing

http://www.youtube.com/user/MalwareGuru

ESET 4

http://www.youtube.com/user/MalwareGuru#p/f/16/cAqQGLN3SuU

Avast 6

http://www.youtube.com/user/MalwareGuru#p/f/20/T2Afh5E3Rp0

Any verdict between the two? I am eager to know since i'm about to install one of them.

PS

Nice links.

There are no clear "verdicts" in such cases. It's most probable each product will serve his purpose.

LeetPirate

Avast and Nod32 might provide around the same level of protection, but I choose nod32 for my pc because it works faster and has more advanced options. Despite Avast's performance claims, I find that a machine becomes noticeably slower when I install avast on it.

Archived