Money as Debt

toyo

I live in a country that's cannibalised by the IMF and the World Bank. We are in a hole so deep, there is no way we can even imagine our way out of it. Some of us wonder how the hell is this possible - Romania had NO DEBT when "democracy" came in 1989, brought by a revolution that toppled Ceausescu and his oppressive communist regime. Yes, you read correctly. No international debt. A free country. Not only that, but many other states were indebted with many USD millions towards us. This was achieved through years of suffering of my people, but we paid IN FULL the hungry occidental banks.

The austerity program started in 1980 and because of the widespread poverty it introduced, made the communist regime very unpopular. By mid 1989, Ceauşescu achieved a significant political victory with Romania paying off its external debt of about US$11 billion several months before even he had expected. However, in the months following the announcement the austerity and the shortage of goods remained the same as before.

This is ALL about money. Everybody wants it. Nowadays, you hear on TV about lost jobs, austerity measures, unemployment, inflation, and hundred other related things. If you're not immediately affected, you won't be bothered to listen, am I right? I mean, this shit is complicated, if you're not an economist or something. Anyway, you're sure somebody else takes care of these things, eh? Qualified people, that got into their current positions through years of hard work, learning and merit? You're most certainly in good hands, you assume, if you continue to be a hard worker yourself, everything will be OK?

What if everything WILL NOT BE OK? What if you are just the slave? What if you are building a pyramid that's so large by now, only the Pharaohs on top knows what it is? What if the smart men you think are qualified to decide for you, are, in fact, just good thieves and liars? What if the TV lies, too?

What if you are deliberately pushed into a world of numbness, indoctrination and consumerism?

So let's say a country is "helped" by the IMF. Usually, the debt is too big too repay. Measures must be taken to assure that the debt will be repaid. IMF will impose a plan on that country, which must be followed, or there will be NO MORE LOANS. Now that would be catastrophic, when you're partially bankrupt already, because your most trusted politicians found a way do it, even against all odds.

Do you know what these "austerity measures" usually are? The rich will not feel them :) But hospitals will be closed and the education system will be destroyed. Nurses, teachers, will lose their jobs. Exactly the systems that are vital, eh?

I don't have any economical education. I was ignorant for LONG YEARS. When I began to read about these issues, some stuff was so difficult to understand, I really had a hard time continuing to read. I am sure that many of you are in the same situation. So, I thought that sharing with you a cartoon explaining these money/banks/debt things for the economically impaired would serve a good purpose.

Note: I am not related to or supporting the creators of this video in any way. It is just stuff I found on Youtube - I don't agree with everything in it! I don't say believe everything it says, I say: VERIFY! There are more materials on identical stuff available these days, maybe more people will wake up? All the words here are mine, consider this as a blog entry, OK? Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Part II

Part III

Part IV

• Views 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived