Japanese lab invents Internet kissing machine

REX

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

#A Japanese lab has created a remote "kissing machine"

#The device lets users manipulate their tongues, causing a similar device elsewhere to move

#The two devices are linked by a program that transmits the movements to mimic kissing

t1larg.internet.kiss.jpg

I admit to being sort of creeped out by this: A Japanese lab has created a device that may let let you "French kiss" someone over the Internet.

And by "kiss," we mean waggle your tongue on a plastic straw, thereby making another plastic straw waggle remotely on someone else's tongue.

Hot, huh?

Well, the folks at Tokyo's Kajimoto Laboratory say it's just the beginning of what could become a full-on person-to-person experience over the Internet.

Researchers at the Kajimoto Laboratory at the University of Electro-Communications in Japan are working on a machine that aims to replicate a kiss on the internet. The machine will effectively transmit the feeling of a kiss. A prototype of the machine appears like a large juice box with a straw control coming out of it. When a user takes the device and moves it with tongue, the other device moves the same way through the internet. The tongue-twisting effect is replicated by motor rotations controlled by the user through the internet. One of the researchers, Nobuhiru Takahashi, notes that "the elements of a kiss include the sense of taste, the manner of breathing, and the moistness of the tongue."

Source

• Replies 2
  • Views 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That post techno-industrial dream I had in Latex hooked up to machines... Its right around the corner... I had a picture of that somewhere.. Should I post.. LOL... Would love to see what they come up with next.. but really we should be able to do much more that tongue a straw... I see this blowing-up immediately.. its too easy.. :hehe: Take the pain.. or was it pleasure... LOL..

Just how in the world are they planning on transmitting "the sense of taste, the manner of breathing, and the moistness of the tongue?" :huh:

Archived