Windows XP SP3...leaked beta...

Ambrocious

I came accross the leaked beta of Windows XP SP3 and installed it with little to no problems, but the real question I have is does this SP actually DO anything that I can see visibly?

So far it hasnt changed anything to my knowledge visibly but I am betting that it did more than I think.

Well anyways, I uploaded the whole thing to MEGAUPLOAD and if anyone else wants this leaked version then your welcome to check it out if you like.

Im gonna include the info on the pack in the attachment part so you can see for urself if its worth it or not.

LINK:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UNONW492

WinXP_SP3_Info.txt

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bugs that I came across I fixed fairy easily, havent ran into any other bugs yet thankfully.

I have a copy of Microsoft Windows XP Home SP1 in which, when doing a repair rather than reformat, I installed SP3 and it did not come with IE7 and so every time I tried to use IE6 it kept doing all kinds of errors.

Luckily I had FireFox and I downloaded IE7 from Microsoft and that fixed THAT problem.

I had another problem where I had an older version of WMP and it did not work at all.

Simply upgrading to WMP 11 fixed this fully.

thanks a,i will give this a try,i hope it works in 64 bit.

does not work 0n 64 bit machines.

I think you needed service 2 update installed before applying service pack 3...as service pack 3 is not all inclusive(meaning it does not contain service pack 2)

Yes, it is highly reccomended that you install SP2 before this one.

In fact, I would update your computer as much as it will update and then install this.

And no, this download that I have there is only X86 and not X64.

just a quick reminder, that original (untweeked) SP3 has "features" to disable most of cracked or else programs!

...it's made by M$...

I will wait till non beta version and see what ppl says about that coz most of my appz are :think: ;/

Archived