No game forum?

Archaven

I didn't find any sub forums to discuss games.. so no one in the forum play games? :P. I'm a PC gamer by heart. Recently looking forward to a very unpoplular game. It's called Witcher 2. I purchased the game and 2 copies too.. one digital and another retail copy.

Wondering if everyone here purchased original games too? :P

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Unpopular"? Grrr. I finished the original twice :P and I'm waiting on this new one to be released with bated breath. Not going to buy it tho'... although if I could, I would do it.

I used to get games for free but after so many years of my PC gaming i have not seen one game that is so beautiful, so much effort and love put onto the game. Have you watched the 'Living world' videos? It was awesome honestly. I decided to buy the game as i feel the developers really deserved it. As the scene use to say, support the game developer if you like the game. But why wouldn't you buy it when it's just $4.99? :P

LeetPirate

I usually buy original games, but I usually try out a pirated copy first to see if it's even worth the money. I have the entire Blizzard collection original because they were all great games, except starcraft 2 which I find is shitty and never bought it. I have other games on digital copy through steam, like dawn of war 2 and bad company 2, team fortress 2, left 4 dead 2, and some others. The rest of my games are originals for ps3. I usually go for strategy and fps on pc games and adventure for console.

Seriously though with all the red tape and bullshit signups you have you go through to play some original games it's actually more difficult to play an original game now than to play a pirated game. For pirate game all you do is install crack and game works, original you have to sign up for a million online accounts, the game might exit if your internet drops and you lose progress even on single player, all kinds of shit these game publishers shove on us, I really hate it. It does not encourage me to want to buy their game. To play bad company 2 I have to sign on steam, then sign on EA game servers, if either one has problems your game is halted. Dawn of War 2 the stupid thing will lose your single player progress if games for windows live fails or if steam connection fails. Too much shit these days just to play a game.

I actually own a game, plus addon, World of Warcraft/Burning Crusade. They sit nicely together with the books, reminding me of how cool it is to forget about the real world.

Only the first Witcher is 4.99USD (if still available on GoG) the Witcher II (Assassin of Kings) is 44.99 USD. Now that for me means my electricity bill.

Witcher 2 - I'll buy it. My friend is working on CD Projekt and design all this boxes, artbooks, even coins, etc. ;)

• Administrator

The question first. You can talk about games in Technology Talk section. :)

Even I'm a PC gamer by heart. Download and complete about 2 new games every week. There were days when there were original CD/DVDs retail shops here, I used buy games at that time, later found out that it took months to see a new game in the stores and were getting expensive day by day. So haven't bought a single game since then.

I usually buy original games, but I usually try out a pirated copy first to see if it's even worth the money. I have the entire Blizzard collection original because they were all great games, except starcraft 2 which I find is shitty and never bought it. I have other games on digital copy through steam, like dawn of war 2 and bad company 2, team fortress 2, left 4 dead 2, and some others. The rest of my games are originals for ps3. I usually go for strategy and fps on pc games and adventure for console.

Seriously though with all the red tape and bullshit signups you have you go through to play some original games it's actually more difficult to play an original game now than to play a pirated game. For pirate game all you do is install crack and game works, original you have to sign up for a million online accounts, the game might exit if your internet drops and you lose progress even on single player, all kinds of shit these game publishers shove on us, I really hate it. It does not encourage me to want to buy their game. To play bad company 2 I have to sign on steam, then sign on EA game servers, if either one has problems your game is halted. Dawn of War 2 the stupid thing will lose your single player progress if games for windows live fails or if steam connection fails. Too much shit these days just to play a game.

I completely AGREE with you there sir!.. I don't consider myself as pirate though.. I try out games first to not end up wasting my $ and not liking the game. This is the original intention of the SCENE. But what i see alot of unethical people which has clearly been spoiled by the SCENE where they said WAREZ are always free. They like the game and they probably replayed the game endlessly and end up paying nothing. I believe even the SCENE bought the game with their money before releasing to everyone. Reason i'm buying the Witcher 2 because it's DRM free though. SCENE don't even have to crack it when it's out.

I have a shitty connection so i rarely play online games. I believe co-op games should be fun compared to competitive. Couple of years back i used to play Battle for Middle Earth online. Kinda fun but it's really competitive and stressful if you don't like it.

Archived