new monitor.

Nemesis

hey guys, im looking for a new monitor and i was looking for suggestions. i know i can just go out to best buy and pick one but i want to open myself up to products out there that i wouldnt find in a store.

like this one lol i wish... that would be awesome for FPS

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much money you want to spend? What do you need the monitor for? What video card do you have?

How much money you want to spend? What do you need the monitor for? What video card do you have?

im looking to spend 4-5 hundred. I will use the monitor for gaming and multimedia. I dont need a computer for any professional reasons at all. I have a Nvidia GT320 graphics card

There is an amazing monitor just within you reach, at 599 USD. This Dell baby is perfect for everything! I could describe it to you in detail, but there would be too many "amazings" in one post.

My advice is to have patience until you get another 100$, or just go for it if you already have it, it's too small of a difference. Yes, the monitor has tons of features you might not need, including a IPS panel, but it's kinda future proof.

I also opens the way for you to buy a better video card in the future, when you will be able to play new games at the monitor's 1920x1200 resolution. HD movies are also something else on 1080p, and the vivid colours from the IPS panel.

Although you don't do graphics, if you ever decide to start playing with Photoshop (or any other related programs), this monitor is PERFECT.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/14/dell-24-inch-u2410-ips-monitor-sneaks-out-for-599-us-retail/

hmm looks good. i can keep saving, im a patient person. yeah cant do too much about the graphics card right now, its in a laptop so not upgradeable but in a few years i want to get a desktop computer so i can play with the hardware. i've always liked PC gaming over console.

thanks toyo.

Yes, saving&patience are signs of wisdom. Too bad they come kinda late in our lives :P

The monitor could well get within your reach when it will superseded by the new generation, so watch the prices :)

PC gaming/hardware is a wild ride. You will enjoy it, the more money you have, the more fun you get :P

PC gaming/hardware is a wild ride. You will enjoy it, the more money you have, the more fun you get :P

thats so true, for the price of a good GPU you can get a PS3/Xbox with a game lol. at least then you wouldn't have to worry about things like frame rate because there's shit all you can do about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I second toyo, my U2311H is my second Dell monitor. Always happy with their monitors.

Hello,

I suggest you this excellent product by Samsung.

Samsung S27A550HS

Top details:

Screen Size 27" / Resolution 1920x1080 / Brightness 300 cd/m² / Response Time 2 ms / Contrast Ratio DCR Mega ∞

And it will be in it's maximum if you connect it through the HDMI video output.

I found it €365.42 from here.

And $429.99 here.

I know it is a bit expensive but it's one of the very best monitors I have ever seen.

Thanks,

Nima

There is an amazing monitor just within you reach, at 599 USD. This Dell baby is perfect for everything! I could describe it to you in detail, but there would be too many "amazings" in one post.

My advice is to have patience until you get another 100$, or just go for it if you already have it, it's too small of a difference. Yes, the monitor has tons of features you might not need, including a IPS panel, but it's kinda future proof.

I also opens the way for you to buy a better video card in the future, when you will be able to play new games at the monitor's 1920x1200 resolution. HD movies are also something else on 1080p, and the vivid colours from the IPS panel.

Although you don't do graphics, if you ever decide to start playing with Photoshop (or any other related programs), this monitor is PERFECT.

http://www.engadget....-599-us-retail/

It was awesome, specially the 12-bit interal processing but the problem is it has 6ms response time that it's not very good for gaming or some movies, it has been for years that 2ms is very popular between monitors and believe me, it was a bit too expensive :(.

It's a IPS panel. Trust me on this one, there is no ghosting on games, not even on the FPS sort, and watching a movie on this Dell compared to the best 2 ms TN panel out there, it will blow you away.

I'm not some expert here, but we are talking about milliseconds. You are telling me that somebody can notice difference between 2 and 6 milliseconds? No way.

Cheers ;)

I'm not some expert here, but we are talking about milliseconds. You are telling me that somebody can notice difference between 2 and 6 milliseconds? No way.

Cheers ;)

haha very true. i havent decided yet, however some birthday money is coming soon (11th) so maybe i will get it.

It's said that a minimum of 5 ms is needed for "twitch" games like FPSs and others containing quick movement, to avoid ghosting.

Archived