EVGA P67 SLI or ASUS P8Z68 V PRO ?

oZ.

Please provide unbiased feedback (I personally prefer EVGA, but im considering ASUS even thought friends have had bad experience with it's 1 - 2 year (short term) only BIOS support) :frusty:

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=130-SB-E675-KR&family=Motherboard%20Family&sw=5

or

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68V_PRO/

:unsure:

- the $ is the same for either board for my local PC store.

- I don't really need Z68's SDD caching feature

Questions on Z68:

1. Can i Run Discrete GPU + iGPU without any conflicts? like causing game crash? AND It is possible to disable iGPU ?

2. There's 6 fan connectors but It is enough for my case (HAF 922) with future bottom/Side fan, top & front fan (don't know if top fan needs a connector) along with my H60 water cooling ill need 3 fan connectors just for H60 alone (2 fans [1 from the case install on to the ractor], 1 for the pump])

3. Have you seen notice or read any issues about this ASUS Z68 board? i haven't but good to ask :P

4. For the ASUS fans & users: as i mentioned about ASUS BIOS support isn't that long, have you guys experienced any BIOS problems that ASUS never fixed in the past? (that is my MAIN concern with ASUS boards because few of my friends got this issue, back 3 - 4 years ago have had this problem)

Questions on EVGA P67:

1. It is worth the wait at all? EVGA is saying 2nd week of may. assuming it will come out by Friday the 13th may 2011. Should i still get it instead of the Z68?

a. [don't wait only] then what is the difference between this Z68 vs EVGA p67 except the obvious 2 new features? & there wasn't a recall at all ?

b. [wait for EVGA] then what will I gain from waiting on the EVGA p67 other than the extra Fan connector? (7 in total vs 6 fan headers on Z68)

2. For the same price, as Z68 which 1 perform or will have a better "future proof" ? (im planning to keep this PC for at least 3 years)

(refer to Overclocking i7 2600k (PSU?) thread for all awesome feedbacks & my PC build)

- Since EVGA P67 isn't out yet (as of today without no sign if anything but "2nd week of may" or "within 1 - 2 weeks" from EVGA staff) , I don't think they will release EVGA Z68 series at the same time or even close. because i really don't want to waste time of not gaming anymore. So skip that EVGA Z68 future comments :)

thanks again!

• Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived