Good Deal On 500GB HDD

mustangx

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any UK people out there... eBuyer have some offers on now and again but their prices are consistently pretty good anyway.

Although Maxtor currently have a 500 GB Sata II HDD 16MB Cache OEM available for a little over £61 inc. VAT.

Seagate currently have a very similar model for just under £65 inc. VAT.

Finally, Western Digital also have one in the picture. Same specs as above for £64 inc. VAT. That one can be found here.

All in all... depending on what brand you particularly fancy, the prices are all extremely similar so is worthy of checking out if you're in need of an extra hard drive.

I would just like to point out though, for any people with the cash... I've noticed that the WD Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB SATA 10KRPM 16MB Cache OEM advertised on eBuyer has gone down considerably since June 2007. When I looked up this product in June, the price was £147.00 inc. VAT. Now, you're looking at £122.99 inc. VAT. Although not as large as other hard drives mentioned, the 10,000 RPM should make your mouth water. Couple that with the 16MB Cache, it would be the perfect hard drive to install your operating system on, and use it as your main drive.

Archived