Okay I'm new here.

Danny

I have been a long time user of Eudora and recently updated to the new OSE version. I joined hoping to hook up with others using it and maybe find a little support for issues that I have had with it.

As for who I am, in short, I am a well known loudspeaker designer. I use various specialized software and hardware packages for my work but I am not what you'd call a software geek. I am not "into" computers but use them constantly as a tools for my design work, communication, and now as dedicated music servers.

So sometimes I am not sure if the computers are my friend or a necessary evil. So I am hoping that maybe you guys can help me out once in a while.

Thanks,

Danny Richie

• Replies 10
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome to the nSane community Danny.. :)

Learn , Share , Enjoy ... ;)

(ps - myself too a speaker hardware fan . love buying a good sound system ..... ur knowledge might come in handy .... ;) )

:welcome:

Nice to have a loudspeaker designer around. And of course we will always try our best to help you with any technical problems. :)

:welcome: to Nsaneforums & Enjoy!

Hello Danny and welcome to the forums :) It's good to have somebody with your expertise here.

I'd love to hear one day how custom monitors sound vs my HS80Ms or (salvaged) KRKs, although I doubt I'd be able to build them from one of your kits.

Checked you webpage too, in the little time I had.

Hello Danny and welcome to the forums :) It's good to have somebody with your expertise here.

I'd love to hear one day how custom monitors sound vs my HS80Ms or (salvaged) KRKs, although I doubt I'd be able to build them from one of your kits.

Checked you webpage too, in the little time I had.

Looks like you did a little digging. I didn't post anything about my company or its name because I didn't want to look like I was advertising it or something.

If you are serious about hearing one of our monitors, there are a couple of mini-monitors floating around the US on a demo tour. It is a free demo but you do have to cover the shipping cost to the next person.

And if building a speaker from a kit is a problem, I have people that will gladly build them out for you.

The reason that I can't offer any of our designs as completed speakers is because then it would compete against the other companies that I do design work for. And I do design for quite a few other companies.

I hope that wasn't more information than was needed. I just meant to skim the surface.

So are there any Eudora OSE users here? Or is there a good place I can go for help with it?

I'm so far away from US, the transport (probably not allowed outside the country anyway) would cost me like a new monitor. It's a good idea with the free demo tour.

I hope you get your business off the ground enough to allow you to work only for yourself, and compete with whomever you desire.

As for the Eudora thing, my suggestion is to make a new thread describing your issues in detail and hopefully people will try to help you. I also have found this Support forum.

I'm so far away from US, the transport (probably not allowed outside the country anyway) would cost me like a new monitor. It's a good idea with the free demo tour.

I guess I should have noticed your little flag flying below your info and figured that out.

I hope you get your business off the ground enough to allow you to work only for yourself, and compete with whomever you desire.

Oh, I would much rather make a royalty off of a dozen other companies sales than just rely on my own. And I have been doing this since 1995. I am well off the ground already.

As for the Eudora thing, my suggestion is to make a new thread describing your issues in detail and hopefully people will try to help you. I also have found this Support forum.

Thanks. I will try that later today as time permits.

Archived