Non-software based proxy server

starbreaker

starbreaker

Hi guys,

Nowadays, most TV channel provide some free Video On Demand service to watch programs from the internet. However, they restrict access to geographical regions for copyright reasons. If you use a TV appliance (such as Western Digital TV Live) or any other hardware TV box connected to the internet, you may want to get an IP address located in another country. The requirements are the following:

1 - Provide decent choice of countries

2 - Bandwidth and reliability should allow the streaming of decent amount of data

3 - Solution should not be software based unless you want your computer to run 24/24

4 - Cost of service should be acceptable for personnal use. (This is rather subjective of course).

What are your ideas about this, any service you have tried?

Note: Most TV appliances have a standard proxy server field and password feature

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
starbreaker

You've seen that? :unsure:

Thank you for the link, it may be very useful. However my question was slightly different.

I was thinking about of mainstream TV Channels that you can watch on a real TV screen with the help of a TV Box.

Moreover, most of the channels on the list are Movie channels or links to legal TV streaming sites in which case they will check the IP country.

Back to my question, if you watch in a computer (or through the computer) then you have several sofware based proxy that will do the trick. If you use a box you can't install any software so you need a non-software solution.

Thanks,

Proxies will not allow you to generate that much traffic (streaming of TV)... I think.

Archived