Prevent Mouse or Keyboard from Awakening Windows

Serial Killer

Serial Killer

Hello, I have posted this tutorial as "Majid Pasha" in computing.net, Now I have decided to send it here, maybe It can help more people...

I'm here to learn you How to "Prevent mouse or keyboard from awakening windows!"

Sometimes you may sleep your windows, after that maybe it awake by a mouse move or a keyboard typed key, I myself hate this action, now let ignore mouse or keyboard from awakening windows ;)

Step By Step Guide:

For Ignoring Mouse:

Step 1. In start-menu choose "Control Panel"

Step 2. Select "Mouse"

Step 3. In opened window choose "Hardware" tab and click on "Properties" button

Step 4. In opened window choose "Power Management" tab

Step 5. In this tab you will see an option --> "Allow this device to wake the computer"

Step 6. "Don't check" this option if you want to prevent Mouse from awakening windows and you're finished

For Ignoring Keyboard:

Step 1. In start-menu choose "Control Panel".

Step 2. Select "Keyboard"

Step 3. From here other steps are similar to mouse steps!

NOTE: Please if you have learned something new and Useful from this tut, do not forget to VOTE (+1) it, By this way I can know how many people used my tut, Thanks :)

NOTE: Also It would be great if you can vote my tut, then I can know how much my tut is useful or great, Thanks :)

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've cleaned this topic of some 'off-topic' replies.

We've established that asking for reputation points is not allowed in a separate post, but that it is allowed within a post which adds value to the discussion ;)

Archived