Record 350 Million Windows 7 Copies Sold in 18 Months

zeon22

windows7_gates.png

Windows 7’s unaltered momentum has pushed the operating system to a new milestone dwarfing the success of all other platform releases even further.

Microsoft reveals that Windows 7 sales have hit the 350 million mark at a year and a half since general availability, an impressive accomplishment, by any standards.

Between January and April 2011, over 50 million copies of the OS went to customers worldwide. In the three months preceding them, 60 million licenses were sold, according to statistics from the software giant.

“Customers having a positive and productive experience with Windows 7 is also an important measure,” notes Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc.

“Analyst firms like IDC estimate that more than 90% of businesses are currently in progress with their Windows 7 migrations. And we’ve seen that companies who have deployed Windows 7 save an average of $140 per PC per year – showing a 131% return on investment in just more than 12 months.”

Perhaps the biggest measure of Windows 7’s success in direct relation to license sales, is that over 300 million of copies were purchased ahead of the release of Service Pack 1.

I remember a time when customers, businesses especially, but it was starting to rub off on end users as well, would only start considering upgrades to a new Windows iteration after the release of SP1.

Windows 7 broke the mold, showing that customers care less about upgrades and more about the quality of a product when deciding whether to adopt it or not. And Windows 7 has been rock solid from day one, delivering top performance and reliability.

“We’ve done a lot in the last 18 months that improves upon the experience people have on their PCs with Windows 7,” LeBlanc added.

“We launched Windows Live Wave 4 (which included Windows Live Essentials 2011 and enhancements to Hotmail), released the first service pack for Windows 7, and recently launched Internet Explorer 9.

“And we’re hard at work on further innovation for Windows. At CES this year we announced the next version of Windows will support System on a Chip (SoC) and last week at MIX11 we released the first platform preview to developers for Internet Explorer 10.”

Read Orignal Article

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only if they'd given back 50% of profits back to public for their support and help in development dry.gif

i swear i got nothing to do with the rise in numbers ...

i dint buy one , !!! :P

( and for the mention , Win 7 doesnt kill your pc . its way better and much more fun to work with ...

it was the shitty Vista which MS used to kill your pc .

and then later when it became sure , it had done its job , job of bringing most of the windows pc's and their users to their knees ...

it released Win7 as the ELIXIR .

the Savior !

the numbers had to increase ..

you infect ,

and then you give the meds !!! ;) )

@majithia23

hey man why so serious its just for fun i personally use windows 7(of course not a buyed one) :fun: :fun:

hey zeon22 ,

m never serious dude ! :)

dnt know what made you think i am ... :P

the reply is just sarcastic / ironically put .... !

just mentioned why the numbers had to increase IMO ,

it was a very well pre planned strategy ,

in which MS is known to be an expert !! ;)

Windows 7 is far better than vista, this we can agree on, but honestly, microsoft owes it to their testers. at least give em' something...even if its a free license.

RadioActive

Well, although I do have a legitimate license for Windows 7 Professional (as well as Office 2010 Pro Plus) but I didn't necessarily pay for them :innocent:

• Administrator

I dunno why some people still think Windows 7 is as bad as Vista. :blink:

Windows 7, IMO, is the best and greatest OS ever made.

But yea, I do find it odd that they made such a great OS in hardly any time. I guess they didn't have to do too much after Vista SP1/SP2, but still, this one is quite flawless, at least when compared to Vista.

Windows 8 comes soon to fulfil the usual cycle and mess it all up again...

what can I say I am Window 7 user & I love it :wub:

only if they'd given back 50% of profits back to public for their support and help in development dry.gif

by NOT giving back the 50% you speak of he got paid for 400 million copies that got stolen :rolleyes:

edit: not that ia m guilty of that :sneaky:

Archived