Memory - Question

Sonar

Laptop: Acer - Travel Mate 5320

Currently inside 1 gig ddr2 PC6400 (unsure of speed but google says pc6400 is 800mhs??)

The question is: can the memory below be put into the laptop?

this is the 2 gig im looking at

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/164767

Another question would you suggest 2x 1 gig at PC6400? or will i be ok on 1 stick at 2 gig?

As far as i know the laptop can only hold 2 gig max.

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have detected that your Computer is an Acer TravelMate 5320, please see below for the memory options available. Your computer currently has the following memory configuration:

Total Memory Slots: 2

Spare Memory Slots: 1

Total Installed Memory: 1GB (1 x 1GB)

Slot 1: 1GB

Slot 2: Empty

---

Memory Details for the Acer TravelMate 5320

Standard Memory : 512MB

Maximum Memory : 2GB

Total Memory Slots : 2

Memory Type : DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) 200-PIN SODIMM

Notes :

--

I'm already on faster memory here with no problems. My guess was as the 1 gig works the 2 gig should work.

Depending on OS etc- one matter has been discussed about, that in (apart from error case) more IE memory is no harm, just might not get used to full- that's all,

Personally I can not stress more the point- whatever memory you use- use same speed one!

Depending on OS etc- one matter has been discussed about, that in (apart from error case) more IE memory is no harm, just might not get used to full- that's all,

Personally I can not stress more the point- whatever memory you use- use same speed one!

yeah the one i got in is 6400 and the one ive orderd is 6400 - just got to wait and see if it works - hopefully it will. and ill see if it gives me 3 gig to use.

Archived