Need Advice

neeraj

just want to know if anyone has Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 board or if anyone can give some advise on the performance or issues.

I would like to know if i should buy this board or not. The situation is that i am getting a brand new board for damn cheap price and m ready to upgrade if the board is worth my time and trouble of making a new machine.

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will be using AMD Phenom II if i buy this mobo...

i can read the reviews but i really wanted someone to actually tell me how this board fares in real life situations...thought someone might be using the same board....

While that mobo does do usb3 and sata 6Gb/s...it is not native and the 790 chipset is known for having 'less than desirable' bandwidth. As the above review stated, one off the cons was thats it is 'last-gen' chipset tech. You'd do muuuuch better with an Intel based P67 mobo...unless you just 'have to have' amd. If you're gunna be eventually interested in the amazing next gen Sata 3Gb/s & 6Gb/s speeds. P67 is a must or if you can...wait for the upcoming X79 mobo's, (end of this year prolly), they will truly posses insane bandwidth totally unmatched by anything except maybe server grade hardware. We're talking waay more than just 'a few' GB/s of file system speed . B)

Archived