Synchronising two folders

zombiegod

Hi,

Is there an easy way, or free program that will allow me to synchronize a My Music folder on an external drive with the one on my PC.

Cheers for any help,

Rob.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
El Gato Gordo
Hi,

Is there an easy way, or free program that will allow me to synchronize a My Music folder on an external drive with the one on my PC.

Cheers for any help,

Rob.

I'm using Microsoft SyncToy: you can findi it here.

Regards.

El Gato Gordo

It takes a long time... I think select all > copy > paste is all I need :rolleyes:

Hi,

Cheers for any help,

Rob.

I'm using Microsoft SyncToy: you can findi it here.

Regards.

El Gato Gordo

Copy Paste?... lol wont that work good?

But syncing only updates the target folder with changes thats been made in the source folder. Copy & Pasting copies everything from source to target folders overwriting old stuff. Plus it leaves behind stuff thats been deleted in the source folder (unless you empty the target folder first). Syncing is faster.

Copy Paste?... lol wont that work good?

But syncing only updates the target folder with changes thats been made in the source folder. Copy & Pasting copies everything from source to target folders overwriting old stuff. Plus it leaves behind stuff thats been deleted in the source folder (unless you empty the target folder first). Syncing is faster.

you took the words right out of my mouth.it alsom uses less recources.

LoL foreal but i was just saing cus you got to click here and there and COPY just select all lol and Paste :) but i guess ur right :)

Archived