Top 10 Paid Antivirus Programs for 2011

majithia23

The battle for antivirus software supremacy is a close one. Ultimately, Norton Antivirus 2011 ekes out a narrow victory over its competitors.

Apr 22, 2011 2:39 am

symantec_norton_antivirus_2011_707224_145_92.jpg

1.Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2011

Norton Antivirus 2011 is a great choice thanks to its strong malware detection and smooth interface.

Full Review

bitdefender_antivirus_pro_2011_732453_735_92.jpg

2.BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011

BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 does a good job at detecting malware and disinfecting PCs, but it had some difficulty in blocking brand-new malware.

Full Review

gdata_antivirus_2011_732526_92sq1.jpg

3.G-Data AntiVirus 2011

G-Data AntiVirus 2011 is a solid package, with strong malware detection, blocking, and removal capabilities.

Full Review

kaspersky_lab_internet_security_2011_732540_92sq2.jpg

4.Kaspersky Lab Anti-Virus 2011

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 is very effective at blocking new malware attacks and is easy to use, but it slows system performance more than we'd like to see.

Full Review

trend_micro_titanium_av_2011_732531_92sq2.jpg

5.Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus Plus 2011

Trend Micro provides solid, simple protection, but advanced users might find its lack of customization options frustrating.

Full Review

avast_pro_antivirus_5_732547_810_92.jpg

6.Avast Pro Antivirus 5

Avast Pro Antivirus 5 has a slick interface, but its middling malware detection performance prevents it from achieving a higher score.

Full Review

panda_antivirus_pro_2011_732528_518_92.jpg

7.Panda Antivirus Pro 2011

Panda Antivirus Pro 2011 is an effective defender, though it's one of the slower antivirus products we tested.

Full Review

avira_antivir_premium_10_815363_115_92.jpg

8.Avira Antivir Premium 10

Avira put up decent scores in detection and blocking of malware, but its interface needs a makeover, and it could slow your PC.

Full Review

324714_92.jpg

9.Eset Nod32 Antivirus 4

Although Eset NOD32 Antivirus 4 is fast, its malware detection and cleanup capabilities are lacking.

Full Review | Specs

gfi_vipre_antivirus_4_732529_92sq3.jpg

10.GFI Vipre Antivirus 4

GFI (formerly Sunbelt) offers a fast app with Vipre Antivirus, but we found that is struggled at blocking new malware.

Full Review

PC World

• Replies 30
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G-Data ,

Trend Micro ,

Bit Defender in TOP 5 !! :blink:

Rigged report ? :think:

Although I'm a NOD32 user, I rather give Avast the top position instead of Norton ^_^

You know something, I am a bit more than fed up with these tests. Consider the following from AV Comparatives: on demand detection of malicious software from last February.

7621d7.png

ee9624.png

d3a021.png

Where is Norton? You see, a different reality. :lol:

Also take into account this:

865fe7.png

Reason for which for instance AVIRA doesn't get the barrage of false positives it usually has!

It is strange that Eset shows so many false positives. I wonder whether they are adding the orange warnings with potential unwanted elements.

Eset is in the second group because of these alarms, otherwise it should be where it normally is, in the first group among the best, historically!

Kaspersky doesn't consume so many resources as the first report wants us to believe either. It has improved a lot!

To sum up the first report was rigged indeed. How much did they get to publish that rubbish?

Norton is no more than a second rate antivirus with a pretty face. And let me remind you that pcworld does not offer a neutral analysis :sneaky: Isn't it American? Should we be surprised?

Even their own reader don't believe the results. Some said that PC World has been paid by the vendor to get on top.

• Administrator

Staff Note: Moved to Security and Privacy Center.

Though most of the products mentioned there (except Trend Micro) are quite good and almost equal to each other, we all know it's their personal preference/review based on their own views and many other things, so why argue about which software is better over another? :P

I think many missed one thing.

The title of this post is " Top 10 Paid Antivirus Programs for 2011"

PAID not free programs & all the listed programs are pro version of free softwares.

11vpthl.jpg

@ dishwara

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. All products pseudo evaluated by PCWorld are included in the AVReport, and it was proved beyond any doubt that Norton is far from being among the best security products some people want us to believe ;)

I love ESET and nsanedown

i love eset too but i dont like is big memory leaks...

when they will solve it???

They are about to release ESET 5 Beta..... :dance2: Are you sure the memory leaks are not caused by something else? Which Eset version are you using? I thought they had corrected what you mentioned...I remember having read that in a changelog...

I am using norton 360 v5, before that i used kaspersky , eset & avira.

Avira is best product & no doubt in it.

But Kaspersky slows down system & one of the member mentioned Eset's memory leak.

I am not fanboy or fan to some company, buy an service engineer with my own company.

I try to protect my customer from virus & many wants KIS coz, it is CHEAP.

Many don't know Eset, but many know norton.

I myself have personal experience that my system gets affected every 2-3 months & only way to solve it , even for completely removing virus for that time, i have to use another product.

Kaspersky ->Eset-.>Avira -> Norton 360.

I know norton sucked from 2005-2008 with taking heavy system resources....

But from 2009 they did some good & if you have used norton 360 v4 or now v5 then you will know how it protects your with out slowing down.

Again i am not fanboy, but i want to give my customers best security suite & norton is best this year. Don't know next year.

NOD32 having memory leaks? Nope, I have yet to see any memory leaks since v3.

The only thing I'm complaining about ESET is their enthusiasm in blacklisting keys.

@respeee:

You do realize that G DATA uses engines from Avast and BitDefender, right?

So what does that say about Avast and BitDefender?

Don't get me wrong, but I'm a NOD32 user ^_^

PC World is f***ed up... the results don't reconcile at all with other independant testers/personal experience either.

Whilst symantec has definitely risen norton from the doldrums of 2007, to say that its the best? :lol:

I always wonder NIS or KIS...

spent this year with KIS;

lets see what happens next year

and really like Bitdefender but not with 200MB setup size and with that appearance!! :s

And here we have more evidence regarding Norton in XP tests carried out by VB 100 last April 2011

39skya1oy2p3.png

Again Norton has had a poor performance compared with the greatest !

Archived