Ashampoo Hacked

Chris`

I got this email yesterday warning customers of hacked Ashampoo severs.

Dear Ashampoo customer,

We are writing to you concerning an important issue. We regret to tell you that we also detected an unauthorized access to one of our server systems. We assume that the attackers were able to purloin data of customers. Sensitive data such as billing information etc. is not affected by this, because Ashampoo does not store this data.

We summarized all pieces of information concerning this incident for you and would like you to read the following website: http://www.ashampoo.com/datatheft

Yours sincerely,

The Ashampoo-Team

About us:

Copyright © 1999-2011, ashampoo GmbH & Co. KG. All Rights Reserved.

ashampoo GmbH& Co. KG, Felix-Wankel-Str. 16, D-26125 Oldenburg/Germany The registrar of companies:

Amtsgericht Oldenburg, HRA 3618 Company: HILCHNER& LESANI GmbH General manager: Rolf Hilchner, Heinz-Wilhelm Bogena Sales Tax number: ashampoo GmbH& Co. KG, Ust.Ident.Nr. DE204940257

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now if they were using Ashampoo Firewall this wouldn't have happened!

hahahaha!!

Now if they were using Ashampoo Firewall this wouldn't have happened!

:lmao:

• Administrator

Staff Note: Moved to Security and Privacy Center.

I do believe they have my email address (tried many of their trial versions [dunno, maybe I used disposable addresses]), but I haven't got any emails.

They can't possibly send any more spam than Ashampoo do already. I've not had an email about it but maybe because I unsubscribed to all Ashampoo spam ages ago.

all I saw was "bla bla bla...hacked...bla bla bla" :troll:

i received an email from ashampoo team telling me that they were hacked and sorry bla bla bla. don`t when or why i registered...

• 1 year later...
SnakeMasteR

Ah, i never had a eMail in my inbox with an .zip attachment since a bunch of years, today i looked into my inbox and found a suspicious one. The basic receiver was a totally different one, the email addresses (my and that one from the basic receiver) are only in the pronunciation similar but significantly different from written, but i got the mail anyway (in my spam folder). The attachment contains base64 code, that should be from a binary one, i could only download it as text file. Virustotal :s I tried to get the base64 code executing and see something like the BKA or Bundespolizei Trojaner (locked pc, unlock with ucash etc.). But no luck. I highly doubt that the Ashampoo hack has something to do with it, because it's my used email address where the virus-mail arrived. So i changed my whole details there and the password for any Ashampoo related informations that i entered there.

Being fucked up or being fucked up, you have to choose. :lol:

Technology

I think they just messing around with you, hacked seriously..Just to get peoples attention..Maybe

Ah, i never had a eMail in my inbox with an .zip attachment since a bunch of years, today i looked into my inbox and found a suspicious one. The basic receiver was a totally different one, the email addresses (my and that one from the basic receiver) are only in the pronunciation similar but significantly different from written, but i got the mail anyway (in my spam folder). The attachment contains base64 code, that should be from a binary one, i could only download it as text file. Virustotal :s I tried to get the base64 code executing and see something like the BKA or Bundespolizei Trojaner (locked pc, unlock with ucash etc.). But no luck. I highly doubt that the Ashampoo hack has something to do with it, because it's my used email address where the virus-mail arrived. So i changed my whole details there and the password for any Ashampoo related informations that i entered there.

Being fucked up or being fucked up, you have to choose. :lol:

could be phishing attempt. treat it as so.

SnakeMasteR

:mellow: I don't know why i replied to this topic, normally i would not bump such old entries.

I highly doubt that was a phishing attempt or something or i was tired,i mean very tired. :lol:

Tweety.Abd

LOL! I thought they got hacked again :lol:

• Administrator

LOL! I thought they got hacked again :lol:

+3 :lol:

Archived