Erase CD with 150,000 Volts of Electricity

DKT27

• Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_bMYFmFGg

"One enterprising individual has created the most secure way to wipe out Compact Discs, by using a step-up transformer and creating a 150,000 Volt pd, whilst a CD rotates in the middle. The sparks arc through the metal in the CD and evaporates it, ripping it all off as the CD rotates. The CD is rendered transparent and unreadable. This may be the most secure method to remove data on conventional recordable CDs used in offices."

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Some youtube guy said "wouldn't it just be easier to get a Sith Lord to do it?". :P

It's kinda different none the less. :)

Nice share! :) Though I would have to agree with you guys, there are easier ways of doing this. But hey, this isn't the point of the post, entertainment is, :P.

EDIT: I liked the Sith Lord bit too, :D

there are plenty of jokers out there , doing all the stupid/retarded stuff , thinking it ll make them look 'cool' ! :P

( God forbid , if even a speck of his hair came in contact with what ever that thing is , forget the metal .. he will be the one to be evaporated first !

JOB DONE ... :fear: )

reminds of this thread , i once posted in the forums ---- the ONLY fail safe method of completely and securely erasing your confidential and private data .

either both the guys are actually one same , or they both are studying in the same college and under the same professor .! :lol:

RadioActive

That has about the same safety quotient as attaching the CD to a Claymore and its trip-wire to your cat's tail! LMAO (I'm ill so don't ask what the heck I'm talking about)

It JUST might be a little safer to use a Flamethrower!:guns:

Archived