Italian Police Charge 11 Over File-sharing Network

Lite

• Administrator

Italian police have charged 11 people in connection with an alleged illegal music file-sharing network, anti-piracy officials said on Monday.

The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, which represents the recording industry, said police had dismantled a peer-to-peer network known as "Discotequezone."

The federation said 11 computers and more than 110,000 illegal MP3 music files were seized in the operation carried out by police in Rome, Milan and Brescia.

In two cases, police found pedophile content being distributed on the network, the IFPI said.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Godfather

I hate the feds busting any of my file shareing Brothers anywhere in the world!! I always kinda take it as a personal blow. But the pedo material. Uncalled for!!!! Weather they claim to know about it or not, I find it hard to believe they didn't , They should of made sure nothing like that was on their servers;. That is a priority for men running a file shareing site. If it is true, Whatever they get for that they deserve. But you never know, I've heard of the feds doing a lot worse then lie about pedo material on a file shareing site!~! As a matter of fact I heard about another site being accused of the same thing, While the Admins swear it was a totally untrue claim. I hope for both the sites sake it was or is untrue.

The Godfather

guys, i'm italian and i live near milan...

i heard something about what happened and what i know is that nothing of pedo was found on their server/pc.

they were pursuit only for an "excessive" share of mp3 (the new crusade of this millenium) and to appear and let pass quietly this legal action they mentioned, of course, "something of pedo"...so the guys will be seen as evil people and the "crusade" will be seen as good and right.

What a bad time we are seeing T_T

I hate the feds busting any of my file shareing Brothers anywhere in the world!! I always kinda take it as a personal blow. But the pedo material. Uncalled for!!!! Weather they claim to know about it or not, I find it hard to believe they didn't , They should of made sure nothing like that was on their servers;. That is a priority for men running a file shareing site. If it is true, Whatever they get for that they deserve. But you never know, I've heard of the feds doing a lot worse then lie about pedo material on a file shareing site!~! As a matter of fact I heard about another site being accused of the same thing, While the Admins swear it was a totally untrue claim. I hope for both the sites sake it was or is untrue.

The Godfather

it didnt say feds. in anycase pedo charge doesnt mean there was any. they might went with the file name or discription and said ti was it when it really wasnt

Archived