What brand of notebook do you have?

x3r0

Why do you want to have it?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. I have ... notebook(s)

I have a IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad x200

Why: Because it's one of best brand on every year. It's small and compact (meet the mobile criteria), cool (the temperature), has a long battery life, has a matte display (very good view on the outside), keyboard is perfect, and has spill resistant keyboard.

It's not quite decent, considering Thinkpad x2xx series always sold with high price...

Another one is Sony Vaio VGN-SZ55GN (yes, it's only sold on Asia-Pasific, now you know a little more where I lived...)

Why: It's a Sony! Just kidding :D Although not as fast as Thinkpad x200, I use it for my Hackintosh (OSx86) for developing iOS apps (damn Apple, only allow xCode to be run on Mac OS X only)... It's much cheaper than purchasing a MacBook.

PS: I bought all of them from 2nd hand. Their's new price was too high for me :P

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PurplebeanZ

I have a Fujitsu Siemens - It's my work laptop so I don't get much choice :(

...at least it's not a Sony :P

Asus (sold)

BTO (Build To Order)

MSI EX300 (the one I currently use)

Dell Inspiron 1521

Why: Because it was cheap to buy last year. I had a Samsung R70 laptop, but the motherboard got fried because of my stupidity. I spilled lemonade on it in the summer of 2009, lol. And the motherboard just gave in after 6 months of use, lol (in January 2010). So now I've been using the Dell Inspiron 1521 from February 2010. I really miss my Samsung laptop though... :( But that's drinking liquids in front of the computer for you... :P

EDIT: Plus Dell is a reliable notebook producer. I pitty the consumers who buy HP Pavilion notebooks, for example... Dell, Asus, IBM/Lenovo are the best IMHO (add Samsung there as a forground guy, :P).

• 2 weeks later...

Apple iBook G4

Years ago, I replaced the hard drive for a friend of mine who couldn't afford to get it repaired and needed it for school. When she could afford a new one, she gave me this one. It's run OSX Tiger on it the past few years, but most Mac software these days is Intel-only, so I'm experimenting on running an Ubuntu port for Power PC on it. It runs well for an 8 year old system.

• 3 weeks later...

Prefer a Fujitsu but Acer is value for money....though sound is not so good.

• 4 weeks later...
Sl@pSh0ck™

Currently have an HP-Compaq ... planning to get either a Toshiba or Lenovo before the end of the year

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived