Data Recovery

karachidude

karachidude

sup guys

which is the best data recovery software in ur opinion,i m not talking bout system back up and restore suites like ACRONIS true image,but sofware like R-Studio Data Recover,DiskInternals Partition Recovery,GetDataBack etc,i have heard some apps can even recover data from formatted disks,it would be nice to have some information on this matter :)

a friend of mine uses " http://www.diskinternals.com/partition-recovery/features.shtml " and tells me its the best

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I haven't actually used this yet, as I haven't got a need to (thank goodness), I think, based on the info and the video, SpinRite maybe a last resort in restoring those hard to recover files especially from a damage disk. It's quite old and I think it's still included in Hiren's BootCD.

I normally use Recuva or Get Data Back as it normally served my purpose and it's faster than SpinRite. I believe SpinRite could take hours to recover you files from a damaged disk.

By operating directly upon magnetic storage media at a level below any installed operating system, this major milestone release of SpinRite is able to operate on all Windows XP NTFS formats, all DOS FAT, all Linux file systems, Novell, Macintosh (if temporarily moved into a PC) or anything else — it can even be used to repair and recover the hard drive from an ailing TiVo!

SpinRite v6.0 achieves complete operating system independence by incorporating the FreeDOS operating system. This allows it to be used on any and all Intel/AMD PC systems. As you can see from the Windows screen image above, SpinRite 6.0 can create a bootable diskette or generate a standard, CD-R burnable ISO file to create a "SpinRite boot CD". A bootable SpinRite can also be "installed" into any other motherboard bootable devices, such as USB flashdrives for easy, portable booting and use.

Homepage

I'm a tech at a local repair shop our company uses Recuva for light deletions and corruption.

Data Doctor for damaged, formatted and drives that are in bad shape. Data doctor takes FOREVER to rebuild an image of the drive, sometimes weeks.

I have fairly good success with it but it's time consuming.

I currently had good success with Recover My Files, it can do ANY type of file system/partition FAT 12,16,32, exFAT (aka FAT64) NTFS (3,4,5) HFS, HFS+ (MAC), EXT2/3 (Linux)

I downloaded this to recover a friends MAC and it went beyond my expectations. It's 2x faster than Data Doctor and seems to have a decent success rate from what I tested.

However there are 2 instances in the last 2 weeks that the hard drives were beyond what these programs can do. Had to send 1 drive off to drive savers in Calif so they could recover the data using a clean room.

karachidude

nice..good info guys :)

i personally like final data enterprise it saves quite few times and som of others too patially deleted partitions/formated even curropted ones too

Archived