audio files (mp3's mostly) duplicates finder

sk4zzy

I'm sure that many of your music libraries contains at least one duplicate that lies there to find it out and wipe it out / or not. In my case, at the very least, I have lots of duplicates and I want from you to give me some suggestions regarding a good application that finds out the replicates and also a option to delete them ad-hoc.

In the past I've found Abee MP3 Duplicates finder, but with no luck in finding a good crack. :(

So, please point me in the right direction, it will be greatly appreciated!

All the best! ^_^

• Replies 4
  • Views 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Though I dunno how it handles mp3s, did you try this? It's free and good. :)

Win 7 Manager has the utility - Duplicate File Finder .

just scan the computer drives on default ,

or manually add the folders , you suspect of having duplicate files and then scan ..

either way it would show duplicated files ,

but the second option would obviously give lil better results ..

second option i can think of is the - Cloned Files finder utility in Advanced System Care .

it doesnt have an option of folder scanning ,

just drive scanning and display the duplicate files ..

both the apps are front paged

try out ... ;)

cruelsister

I've used 2 myself. An older one is called NoClone. But a newer program which is freeware is Auslogics Duplicate File Finder. The latter will look specifically for Audio files, video files, archives, etc. Very nice program.

Thanks a lot guys, you are a really cool gang out here. :D Will check first the Auslogics program and then the others if I will not be satisfied.

Take care!

L.E. - I checked out Auslogic's duplicate finder and it disappointed me greatly. There were 4 clones in 3 directories, and it didn't find not a single one.

I found out about a new software (new for me ofc) named Similarity. Do you guys know of it, and can you please point me to a working version?

Archived