How to Prevent Hacking of Facebook Account

madeinheaven

madeinheaven

22559023563769247798.jpg

Recently I came to know that some of the people in my Facebook friends list are getting some anonymous links from me. Clicking on these links will lead to Hacking of Facebook Accounts. So I have searched for guides on Preventing Hacking of Facebook accounts and I think I’m damn successful in finding the best possible ways.

You might be aware of Hacking of Mark Zuckberg’s Facebook Fan page, so it’s proved that Social Networking sites were not going to be that safe regardless if you are using HTTP or HTTPS. In this Article I’m going to deal with 7 Best Security Settings to Prevent Hacking of Facebook Account.

Hacking of Facebook Account

#1. Its very easy to hack a Facebook account, If you are ignorant about the page URL. Many pishers around the Web create a page which will exactly look like the Facebook login page. If you login using that page, Your account will be in the hands of some Tom, Dick or Harry. So always check the URL of the page before logging in.

37114286582486295533.jpg

#2. Visiting Links which are shared by your Friends. This would be also a cause of Hacking of Facebook account. So, Double check when you are visiting a link shared by your friends. If you think its a good clean link, then proceed.

16902822211960069374.jpg

#3. Do you think, Your Facebook account is being accessed by anyone? Get Notified when your Facebook account is logged in from a different place.

How to do this?

1. Login to your Facebook account, Click on Account and navigate to Account Settings.

2. Under Account Security, Check Send me an email, If a new computer or mobile device logs into this account. You can also Check Send me a text message, If you have added a mobile device.

84879773129858239849.jpg

Additional Tip: Also enable HTTPS secure browsing.

32641751164495329482.jpg

#4. Avoid using Spam Applications. Don’t try to use an application which you don’t know or seen some of your friends using. To View/Edit applications which you are using, Go to Applications Settings page.

Additional Tip: Remove Applications which you are not using now.

84879773129858239849.jpg

#5. Always use a complex and very strong Password. A combination of Alphabets, Numbers and Special Characters is an unbeatable or unguessable password. Avoid using your Name, Girl Friends name, Your Mobile number etc., in your password as these are easily guessable.

#6. Don’t accept requests from the people you don’t know. Avoid adding people you don’t know to your friends list. If he/she is a Mutual Friend then you can add.

#7. Regularly scan your Computer with some Anti-Spyware or Anti-Malware tools. Some of the recommended tools are Panda Active Scan, Trend Micro Housecall

Thus these are the 7 Basic as well as Best possible ways for preventing and stopping the Hacking of Facebook Account.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, well, I fully believe somebody should ban social networking from the net. This is in stark contrast with my opinions of allowing free speech, so once I'll find how to marry these, I'll begin active lobbying for the actual social networking ban :P

chlorophyll

social networking --- big disaster to healthy relations...fcku those..

Yes, well, I fully believe somebody should ban social networking from the net. This is in stark contrast with my opinions of allowing free speech, so once I'll find how to marry these, I'll begin active lobbying for the actual social networking ban :P

cellphone text and facebook should be ban

the art of talking into skirts is dead

Archived