End of free unlimited listening in Spotify

jalaffa

In a blog posting today Spotify announced a change in the on-demand free services going forward

"Here’s how the changes will work:

* New Spotify users will be able to enjoy our unrivalled free service as it is today for the first 6 months.

* As of May 1st, any user who signed up to the free service on or before November 1st 2010 will be able to play each track for free up to a total of 5 times. Users who signed up after the beginning of November will see these changes applied 6 months after the time they set up their Spotify account.

* Additionally, total listening time for free users will be limited to 10 hours per month after the first 6 months. That’s equivalent to around 200 tracks or 20 albums.

The changes we’re having to make will mainly affect heavier Spotify Free and Open users, as most of you use Spotify to discover music – on average over 50 new tracks per month, even after a year. Plus, the average user won’t reach the limit on plays for 7 out of 10 tracks, after a year of using Spotify. For those of you using Spotify to find new tracks to enjoy and share with friends, these changes shouldn’t get in the way of you doing that. Rest assured that we’ll continue to bring you the biggest and most diverse music catalogue available."

view.gif View: Blog Posting

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it really good? It didn't work in my country and I just forgot about it after my firsttry. I have a feeling that a good private music tracker is still the best way to go...

Spotify never worked in my country ,

go Grooveshark ... :)

n more over download what you like with Groovedown .. ;)

same as Toyo...didn't work for me, so I never bothered with it.

Nowadays if I'm not searching for flac's, I'm just dlding music with thepirateapp

Well, I used Spotify to preview some tracks. It don't work in my country, too, but I use French proxy to login, and then I travel to my country for 14 days. :D And then, I just repeat the process.

Cheers ;)

Was it really good? It didn't work in my country and I just forgot about it after my firsttry. I have a feeling that a good private music tracker is still the best way to go...

It is ok. A really waste selection of music (not only top 40) available for free listening. I get the music I need from private torrent sites. But for mainstream it is great. I have close family members loving it. I recall reading headlines like this recently "Legal downloading and streaming of music is about to get the music industry on its feet."

same as Toyo...didn't work for me, so I never bothered with it.

Nowadays if I'm not searching for flac's, I'm just dlding music with thepirateapp

If you like The Pirate App, you will REALLY like Mielophone.

Archived