75-year old granny cuts off the Internet for an entire country

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

A 75-year old grandmother accidentally cut off Internet service to Armenia residents on Thursday, after she was looking for copper. The elderly woman single-handedly took down an entire network in Georgia after she sliced through the fiber cable with a shovel; Azerbaijan's service was also disrupted.

While the elderly lady was looking for scrap metal, she stumbled upon the underground fiber-optic cable, cutting it open with her shovel to look for copper. As Foxnews and Nakedsecurity explain, the intent of cutting open the cable was to steal the copper to sell it. The shovel wielding woman was nicknamed the 'spade-hacker' by local media outlets.

The fiber that was sliced served all of Armenia, more than 90% of Georgia and parts of Azerbaijan. Service was disrupted for more than five hours while the cable was repaired, restoring Internet to Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan residents.

The elderly woman was arrested at the scene and later released after the investigation and may face charges.

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: It's "fashionable" to steal scrap metal in my country also, some have built little empires out of that... They steal everything... in some extreme cases, whole deserted factories were brought down in one night and sold the next morning :ph34r:

lol...

granny gone crazy ! :lol:

@Toyo

dude , you talk of little empires ..,

ever heard of Lakshmi Niwas Mittal ?

-- hes the CEO of Arcelor Mittal Corporation ( the Worlds Largest Steel company ) and he is one of the worlds richest billionaires .

but the best part - He Started his business from Steel Scrap !! ;)

wait :blink:....what? :uhoh:

ow ow ow ow ow...she ain't nothing BUT a Gold Digger :uhoh:

wait :blink:....what? :uhoh:

ow ow ow ow ow...she ain't nothing BUT a Gold Digger :uhoh:

I laughed!

I read about this story a few days ago and I was quite impressed by her internet killing capabilities! I guess in those countries you have to make money some how and I guess stealing old wires and such is as good a way as any for putting food on the table.

Yeah I read this earlier in the week, made me laugh and question how little integrity their cabling system is.

Archived