Recuva 1.05.118

Zeus_Hunt

Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!- 22 language translations added.

Download

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone used this program before? How well does it work? Is it simple and reliable? Thanks for the input.

Review for Piriform's RECUVA 1.05.118, by Plan Dai 2007.10.01

OMG this is so goooooooood! Yep, i know that backups are the way to go, but sometimes things just need recovering:

Recuva, pronounced like 'recover', took 15 seconds to find 265 files on my 'clean' 1GB FAT32 file-system usb drive, & nine minutes to recover my selection of 6 files to a total of 42MB, a mixture of large & small, old & new - a pretty big ask for a basic app. Three of the six were so old that they were corrupted by overwrites & included data from other deleted files, & one was data from one file but a filename from another, again potentially overwritten, but recently deleted files were perfect & medium-age files were pretty darned good too, so considering the deep-end test i gave it, i reckon it swims well! Tip: even when it says health is Excellent, that may not be spot-on...

No ads, no syware, no cons into "we can see this-many files that we could recover but we now want u to pay $" rubbish, simple UK limited company license, totally freeware, yay!!! Small setup file, simple installation, simple interface, choice of drives both fixed & removable, wow. Mind u, some people's hardware (e.g. usb sticks) may be the problem not the data! But still, this is a no-bulldust file recoverer & that's great, i definitely recommend this one to all my friends, especially newbies! If u want a simple-yet-powerful, totally-free, no-nonsense file-recoverer, particularly for those friends who have a dying usb-drive or accidentally deleted something recently, one word: Recuva :)

-Plan Dai 2007.10.01

Archived