Ripping Audio from DVD CD

Hottwire

Hey guys, its not often I ask for help but I really have struggled to find any software or way of doing this, basically I bought a album which comprises of 2 Discs, the first being a Audio CD which I ripped fine the second containing music videos, now all I want to do is get the audio from 1 particular clip off that DVD into FLAC.

I've tried using Xilisoft Video converter using its FLAC option but it didn't seem to do anything, and i manually used a sound recorder, recording through "what u hear" which sounded horrible.

I will screenshot the folder/file list from the CD.

Hope someone can help me :)

DVD Folder/File Structure

fJBPG.png

I want to make clear that although a AUDIO_TS folder is on the disc it contains NO FILES!

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edit --

removed the links and the post ..

sorry mate , my bad . i thought you were talkin about how to extract audio to FLAC from DVD Audio ,

only to realize you meant extraction from DVD Video :P ..

naa , no knowledge about that ...

Cheers for having a look anyway, hope someone can help though as its the only reason i bought the cd, else would of pirated (pirate version doesnt include DVD content) lol

A huge thank you Atasas :) that worked a treat :D

There's no lossless audio there, only lossy DTS (or AC3) probably. An additional FLAC encode would be of no use, you can play the DTS tracks in Foobar (I assume you are using that) or probably other players too, given you have the codecs.

DTS for Foobar

AC3 for Foobar

It worked. And no I don't use foobar, I actually admitingly have to convert to Apple Lossless as I manage a iPod and well only way to keep lossless in iTunes is to use Apple Lossless but as FLAC is more standardised that's why I asked to convert to that as i can easily convert to ALAC, as much as I don't want to use it I have to unfortunately. However I do use VLC to preview them all/listen to them when I don't want to open iTunes. Also thanks for the links toyo I appreciate them will use them if I ever get foobar.

4pi3A.png

Oh, it's for the ipod... yeah, then going from DTS to ALAC it's the best way I guess, although I never had any Apple stuff, but from what I read and saw on other people :P

Interesting spectrogram. What was it originally on the DVD video in the end, DTS, AC3 or maybe something else? I'm a little curious, but only if you have time and you're in the mood :)

Edit: Could be multichannel DTS, because of that 1536 bitrate. I see you already downmixed to stereo.

This is what i got in DVDFab

SMXsK.png

So i just left it as .wav copy and on stereo. As thought that was the best option.

So it has 2 tracks, Stereo (PCM) and AC3 (probably 5.1). Yeah, the Stereo is obviously the choice to go since you're going to listen in headphones, downmixing doesn't work well al the time. I have some Depeche Mode DVDs engineered exactly the same, you can chose from the menu what type of audio you want, nice. That means the Stereo should be lossless.

When i played it back in VLC the audio choices were stereo using PCM, and 3 front 2 rear along with other choices using the AC3

Cni8F.png

It seems that both VLC and DVDFab are seeing the AC3 as 5 channels - that must be wrong, it should be 6 channels. I remember reading about this issue when I still had a 5.1 system and used VLC... You could try Media Player Classic Homecinema (MPC-HC), it should read the AC3 correctly.

Download

Archived