Fastest way to send files

elohelomg

Sometimes, i find myself in need of sending files that are 2-5 gigs across the internet, and a FTP server, especially with my computer isn't doing it for me. I have tried sending it via torrent, but that doesn't really help me out either.

Are there any other ways?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isn't torrenting OK? I used DC++ protocol also for this kinda stuff.

>>you can use this service -

Download FilePhile

any file size , to any computer, any where and encrypted and free .

doesnt need uploading the file , just drag and drop the file into the app and add your receivers email id to your buddy list in the app and the link will be sent to them and they can download it .

it works and is good .

>>another one is - Isendr

enables file sending through web browser and also has a desk top client to enable large transfers .

>> another web service - FilesOverMiles

web browser based .

>> what i use atm >Tonido

install it and configure your computer by giving it a username and password . (your computer's name is picked as the username by the software , but you can set it according to you also .. )

it would generate a URL for your machine .

typing that URL will open up a page where it asks you for the password you generated .

type it ,

and you will be in front of an interface where you will be able to access your computer directly .

and do whatever you want with it .

( Tonido service has nothing to do with your machine . you are directly connected to your computer .)

now if you trust the person you want to send the file to ,

just give him the url and the password and he will download what ever he wants .

or if you dont trust the receiver or want to maintain the privacy ,

simply right click on the file you want to send and click - Share With Tonido .

thats it .

Tonido will create a File Specific URL ,

send / share the URL and you are done ....

the best part is - no uploading , to any where . the file is directly downloaded from your computer .. and its free ..!

there is one more method .

i ll let you know ...

gtg atm ...

hope it helps ...

I don't know whats wrong. I've installed the software, opened an account and set password, and can actually login and see my computer. Problem is I can't access it remotely.

Typed in the correct URL and just keep getting error message. cannot connect to that server. I have tried two different machines on my network and neither works. I've allowed threw all firewalls opened the default port in router. I've gone to the support forums and read all docs, just don't know.Oh I'm using Tonido

@Robrpatty

seems rather strange .

i have been using Tonido for the last 2 months ,

and never has it troubled once .

dint do any special firewall configurations or port forwarding ,

just allowed default connections during set up ...

[ Edit - i remember the first time i tried accessing my pc with my specific url ,it failed .

and when i checked my pc to what was wrong , there was a Comodo security alert , blocking the incoming connection .

just clicked on allow , and that was it . it worked fine from there on ...]

the only thing concerning its functionality i noticed ,

is that a few times , ( think 3 or 4 times ) , the Tonido reports - Logged ON , Unable to Connect .

but its just a temporary glitich , resolves by itself in a short time .

other than this , its been running fine .

( most likely , the Tonido cloud might be having a down time / maintenance . just try a bit later .... )

reinstalling .on same pc and an another pc.

manually checking the Tonido configuration settings , esp the sharing part .

support forums ...

some thing might help ...

ok , here's one more method .

Create your own personal P-2-P sharing network with - GigaTribe .

download and install and then - Share what you would like to share .

only the users you invite will be able to see your Shared folders .

and you can even group users and configure what that group is able to browse through from your folders , i.e. group your users and your folders and set who sees / shares what ...

Your friends can browse through the shared folders on your harddrive and vice-versa. i.e. there is no uploading ...

there are no limitations on file size or type .and most importantly -- Interrupted exchanges automatically resume with no data loss.

and -All exchanges are strongly encrypted.

another good thing is ,as the GigaTribe puts it --

"It´s a two-way sharing service

Each contact can both share and download.

The more contacts you invite the more content you get. Your community continues to grow and more files become available.

You decide which content is worth downloading among the files available for you."

Furthermore, you will have the possibility to use GigaTribe for accessing your PC from any remote location.

and its free ...

Download GigaTribe

Archived