Help Needed - Unable to Completely Uninstall a Program .

majithia23

hello guys ,

well yesterday i installed this software for just trying out purposes ...

Trusteer Rapport .

installed it with Revo .

after a short time , uninterested in it ,

i uninstalled it .

again with Revo .

it reported a system restart is required to erase all the files .

did a restart ,

and just after a few minutes of restart ,

Comodo reported -- Rapport Management Service is trying to connect to the Internet . !

so it was clear , Revo dint completely uninstall it ...

( on a second note -- isnt Revo supposed to monitor the system changes while an app installs , record them , and then undo them when clicking uninstall ? :think: )

blocked the Comodo request , and then ,

located the executable , under --

C:\ Program Files \ Trusteer \

went for Unlocker , on the files in the folder .

it identified the locking handles for the app ,

and i told it to kill and delete the process .

after 2 minutes , it too said - a restart is required to delete the files .

did a restart ,

but again on restart ,

Comodo popped up -- Rapport management Service is trying to connect to the net ...!

i was like WTF ! :o

launched Autoruns ,

obviously it reported this damn service ,

clicked on disable and delete and did a restart ,

but again ---

Comodo - Rapport Management Service is trying to connect to the internet !!!! :blink:

went for running services ( services.msc ) ,

and it again reported this service as running .

disabled it ,

and went for the -- sc delete command in CMD .

it reported delete of service as successful .

refreshed the running services page ,

and the service was indeed gone .

started the pc with crossed fingers ,

and as bad as it sounds

Comodo again popped up -- Rapport Management Service is trying to connect to the Internet !!!!! :eek:

can you f@@@ing believe it !!!! :doh: :angry2:

now i can set the Comodo to permanently block all requests , or do system restore and revert back ,

but i just want to manually kill and erase this sh!t .. :ninja:

i tried what ever i could think of and knew ...

what do you guys recommend to blow wipe this S.O.B. ???

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check your Task Scheduler or Scheduled Tasks depends on which Windows OS you are using.

I bet there is an auto update task for that program. If so just delete that task.

Most uninstall programs don't remove scheduled tasks, you have to do that manually.

Also another problem could be Comodo interfered with the uninstall process, it is always best to shut down Comodo when using Revo Uninstaller because it will block or sandbox needed processes to remove programs. Comodo is know to break installations and uninstallations.

Good luck. :)

Interesting...I just started using Comodo firewall last week. After reading the above I decided to disable the Defense+ options...now functioning as a firewall only. I run CounterSpy 4 and NIS11 also...so I think I'm covered.

Check your Task Scheduler or Scheduled Tasks depends on which Windows OS you are using.

I bet there is an auto update task for that program. If so just delete that task.

Most uninstall programs don't remove scheduled tasks, you have to do that manually.

Also another problem could be Comodo interfered with the uninstall process, it is always best to shut down Comodo when using Revo Uninstaller because it will block or sandbox needed processes to remove programs. Comodo is know to break installations and uninstallations.

Good luck. :)

just checked for the scheduled tasks ...

its clean ...

nothing pertaining to this app , all regular ones ...

and more over ,

i just have the FW module of Comodo turned on .

dont use the Defense+ or Sandbox feature .

so, dont think Comodo might be interfering ...

of all the softwares i have ever tried ,

this one is proving to be one big pain in the a@@ to get it to remove ...

stupid crap ... :angry:

any other ideas ?

regedit.exe; then do a search (CTRL F) for the files you are wanting to get rid of. delete all occurances then reboot

Think I maybe missing something here, surely if it's still actually running Rapport somehow, that would lead me to understand that the core exe (no not CORE) is still on your HD. Personally I'd be browsing through the program install folder making sure that's actually gone and then use msconfig to disable anything that shouldn't be running, also check your temp folders, as some sneaky .exes reside there.

I'm paranoid about my setup and I usually start with the above, and then progress from there. Rarely do I go into reg edit as a first defense as it can lead to unknown complications. Don't get me wrong I'm no expert here, but I must have restored and re-installed hundreds of times through doing things I shouldn't be doing.

I find this prog extremely useful... however, to remove I suggest you re-install it and use it's own uninstaller that will get rid of the service etc then do a manual cleanup... it's a pretty clean uninstall with there uninstaller anyway!

Regards

And try AutoRuns to check which entries are related to your progam!

I find this prog extremely useful... however, to remove I suggest you re-install it and use it's own uninstaller that will get rid of the service etc then do a manual cleanup... it's a pretty clean uninstall with there uninstaller anyway!

Regards

Completely agree sometimes the only way to fix an uninstallation problem is to re-install the software, reboot your system then use only the uninstaller for that program (don't use Revo) and reboot once again.

It's worth a try. :)

hmmm..

reinstalling and uninstalling seems to be reasonable , ( n of course the last resort .. )

there's no trace of the program in temp folders ,

no task scheduled ,

disabled and deleted with autoruns also ,

cleaned the registry traces also ,

unlocking and deleting ,

nothing worked ....

just wonder , what sticky parasitic hooks this program got ,

that just refuse to let go off the system ...!!!

well lets see ...

Try opening up C:windows and do a search for any Rapport files. You may have some stragglers. I also agree that you need to do a search in your registry for any keys matching rapport and delete. Nod32 is noted for having a leftover key earnon. You can uninstall nod clean every file and registry key with a real good cleaner and still that on key earnon hangs in there. So you have some straggler in there, and my bet is, its in the registry.

You can also install again like mentioned above and then uninstall according to info on this site.

uninstall rapport

The video above is bollox! or outdated? when uninstalling you have to stop its services prior to removal! if, as mentioned above, you uninstall using there own uninstaller you are presented with a captcha you have to enter to stop the service prior to uninstalation. Due to the nature of said program is why you are experiencing difficulties in removing it fully! as it is intrinsically integrated into your system. As I say, I can't recomend this program enough! system requirements allowing as it is fairly intensive!

Regards

I find this prog extremely useful..

Regards

@Alpha1BAD

how do you find it extremely useful ?

i mean , what extra or different security does it provide that makes it different ( if it is ... )

or what feature you find extremely useful ?

:think:

and me too guess that ,

that Captcha feature makes it hard to remove .

you need to enter the code to get it to remove ....

think so ....

For all my uninstalling purposes, I use jv16 Power Tools. You can try and download it from this site and see if it would find some Trusteer remains and ditch them?

It hasn't failed me so far...

Archived