madeinheaven

Redcowisevil

There are 12446 lines in 4060 adlist, so 12446 copy paste :s

But it's maybe feasible with a software reproducing mouse and keyboard actions :)

- "Copy to clipboard with category" and paste in a txt file -> if i count 2s for each line, it would take 7 hours

- Then for each category copy from txt file and paste to admuncher "my filters" -> 7 hours + X minutes (because new kb&ms action is needed for each category)

So finally it would take 15 hours :o

I could try to do the txt file during this night, but i'll let you do the second part :P

• Replies 2.3k
  • Views 716.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know if there is a way to block HULU video ads?? They get blocked but you must still wait the 90 seconds?

Bizarre™

@TrashO2:

I understand you would like to import the "Default Filters" to "My Filters". However, it's not possible.

Posted Image

P.S. I did this with the current filter list and it only took me 30 minutes.

@TrashO2:

I understand you would like to import the "Default Filters" to "My Filters". However, it's not possible.

Posted Image

Hey, Bizarre, would it then be possible to somehow import it into Ad Fender???

This might be a good option for people who don't wan't AM?

Bizarre™

@Alanon:

I don't use Ad Fender, so I'm not sure how to import the Ad Muncher filter list in it.

@Alanon:

I don't use Ad Fender, so I'm not sure how to import the Ad Muncher filter list in it.

As far as I know, it uses the rule format of EasyList, in a .txt file somewhere in the folder structure.

Bizarre™

@Alanon:

If Ad Fender is using the same category as AdBlock Plus, then I'm not sure if it's possible to import the Ad Muncher filter list in it.

Ad Muncher uses 16 categories in the filter list, while AdBlock Plus can only allow or block (even if blocking is specific).

Well, someone in the thread about Ad fender offered a short guide on how to import adblock like lists into ad fender by adding the entries into the txt directly. So I'm guessing that it does similarly (if not identically) what ABp does. :huh:

Bizarre™

@Alanon:

As mentioned previously, Ad Muncher uses 16 categories in the filter list, while AdBlock Plus can only allow or block (even if blocking is specific).

The 16 categories Ad Muncher makes use of are not necessarily limited to just allowing or blocking. Those categories refine ad blocking capabilities so much that it brings Ad Muncher to a level where only minimal user intervention is required, especially if a user has already configured Ad Muncher to adapt to his/her daily browsing habit.

Redcowisevil

With copy paste :eek: ? It took me less of 5 minutes to get the list, but I don't understand how to import it in admuncher without copy paste. Each category is replaced by a letter but i have always invalid or corrupt format message... Never mind...

4060 list with copy paste :

Site: rghost.net

Sharecode: /38141974 [?]

How the software could detect it's the built-in list, have you tried to remove just one line of the list ?

Bizarre™

@Redcowisevil:

I'm not sure how the developers programmed Ad Muncher to detect the "Default Filters" list, but if I have to hazard a guess, then it probably has something to do with the 64KB limit imposed on the "My Filters" list.

Well if it's like that then I presume it won't work properly with Ad Fender. XD

Not without serious work on the filters themselves. Maybe someone who uses AF could give a more accurate summary as to what it does. :)

I myself am happy with AM as it is, but there can never be enough options. XD

Supremo Phantom

i have a problem with this software...

i have a proxy software installed on my machine, but if I have ad muncher running, it will not allow the software to hide my real ip.

if i put the browsers in exception, it does hide my ip but then it also allows ads.

i wish there was a way to make them work together. :(

Bizarre™

@Supremo Phantom:

Try the steps below.

• Open Ad Muncher
  • Go to Options > Filter Targets
  • Under Recent program names, choose All programs
  • Choose the program conflicting with Ad Muncher, then click Don't filter
  • After making the necessary corrections, click Apply

i found AM conflict sometime with on line software , i cant recall the names , but if got any wierd shit happen , try closing AM and it may helps :)

Ad Muncher is not blocking ads in Firefox for me... How do I integrate Ad Muncher in to Firefox so it does what it does for ie?

Thanks.

djangozando

Ad Muncher is not blocking ads in Firefox for me... How do I integrate Ad Muncher in to Firefox so it does what it does for ie?

Thanks.

Hi, tool_band !

Try to press Ctrl and then right click with the mouse let to show you Ad Muncher's toolbar on the top of the page with the options to select.

Works normally in my Firefox 12.0.

Very sorry for my poor English ( my native language is Portuguese ) and if I misunderstood something.

Peace!

If you ask me, default, or very near it. :)

I have also clicked to remove music and sound from websites, prevent tracking, script errors and bookmarking.

ialwaysdid

alanon

i use this ..but i dont knw if this the the best filtering opitions

Posted Image

Well, we use almost the same config! :D

calguyhunk

@ ialwaysdid -

1. You can uncheck "Remove music and sounds...".It wreaks havoc with a lot of poorly coded/badly designed sites.

2. Also uncheck "Replace removed images .....with description". You don't need to be described the ad that has been removed. You need a clean page - the cleaner the better IMO :)

3. Check "Change....[munched]..." and "Change...[blocked by Ad Muncher]..." That will remove all traces of a lot of ads ads. No placeholders, no reminder that any ad even existed in that particular area ;)

ialwaysdid

Well, we use almost the same config! :D

thank you (shokran in arabic ) alanon

ialwaysdid

@ ialwaysdid -

1. You can uncheck "Remove music and sounds...".It wreaks havoc with a lot of poorly coded/badly designed sites.

2. Also uncheck "Replace removed images .....with description". You don't need to be described the ad that has been removed. You need a clean page - the cleaner the better IMO :)

3. Check "Change....[munched]..." and "Change...[blocked by Ad Muncher]..." That will remove all traces of a lot of ads ads. No placeholders, no reminder that any ad even existed in that particular area ;)

by this ad muncher will hide all the page :D

thank u for ur great work calguyhunk

Archived