madeinheaven

ialwaysdid

As far as I've read, the last official update for it is the 3915 or something. However, you can get a practically unlimited trial with the latest beta 4.93 using many various methods described in the first post. :)

which one do u use?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Views 716.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive purchased a 4 lifetime license pack from AM, when i replaced a computer i put the key on it and i was told i need a new license. I responded that im replacing a pc, it didn't matter my key was blacklisted and a new key was issued. I was told if it happens again i will loose my $400 + license entirely. So thanks guys for doing what your doing here...

Are there no more updates for the liberator method?

4.93.33502/4060 is the last on my pc i dont knw about other guys

where did you get that update?

LonePirate

As far as I've read, the last official update for it is the 3915 or something. However, you can get a practically unlimited trial with the latest beta 4.93 using many various methods described in the first post. :)

which one do u use?

Well i've been using the liberator since dec, but I may try this new mac address method

ialwaysdid

where did you get that update?

by change mac address method .. check the 1st page here

this tool is bs because ie is bs.

I would disagree. Irregardless of the browser which is used, Ad Muncher is one of the best ad blockers around. From what I've seen, Adblock plus, which is most favoured among those who don't like AM has the same effect as a sufficiently large Hosts blocklist. Except a hosts blocklist is even more malware proactive.

Not to mention those users who have more than one browser installed. Not everyone likes having to check for updates on several browsers several times a week, on multiple user accounts, by multiple family members... :pos: Oh, and if you're a big Adblock fan, there's always Ad Fender, which uses EasyList, but is universal, and totally free (yet also primarily oriented towards IE, although AM has overcome such minor compatibility issues a logng time ago) ;)

Besides, the fact that there's so much effort invested over such a small (and for many - trivial) app only goes to show that there's something to it. :)

hey guys " Micah J Berman" has spoken lets all stop using ie and use what he deems fit.

GET OVER YOURSELF !

calguyhunk

Don't feed the trolls :troll:

SacredCultivator

Hello's, so been a long time fan of just using Adblock Plus for FF. But I keep hearing mention of this program and how it reduces the memory consumption of Firefox.

Been too accustomed to the extension but my browser hits a low 500MB~ - 800MB~'s at times and I'm not 100% sure if that may be caused by ABP or something else, never really tested.

But anyway, as a noob to this program, which Method is recommended for this program for noobs? Since I have no idea how it works/ benefits of using this over let's say ABP for FF.

Thanks as usual.

@SacredCultivator: Well, there's not really too much to tell. It's simply a more efficient non-browser related ad blocker. It works better, faster, and you can still do everything you did in adblock plus (ie element blocking, popup filtering, policy filtering, etc...)There are currently 3 or 4 methods of having ad muncher on (not including the Liberator method, because it had its last update 3915 - you can still use it if nothing of the below works).

The first is in the first post - you have to change your MAc adress every 30 days and re-request a trial.

The second one is simply to have a licence which at one point was valid and activated on your machine, back those files up. When it gets blacklisted, and you check for updates you get a red cow, then you just go, and write them back to where they were, and boom, you can update, and when you do, the cow turns white. But you must dig up a lic to activate AM yourself, copying someones files won't work. And it's a procedure which you need to repeat every week, upon updating the basic lists.

The third method is pretty much like the first, except you can use anyone elses trial files. Koaask has given his in a .zip file a couple of pages back. You close AM, replace the files, start and get a red cow, ask for a new trial, and you get it. The benefit of this method, is that you need not tweak anything, except every 30 days. You can update and function just fine until the trial expires.

The fourth method can be used with 1 and 3. It presumes you have a valid trial somehow. Whether you change the MAC address to get it, or copy someone elses files, no matter, as long as the trial is alive at the moment. You download a tool called Time Stopper, and create a shortcut for AM wherever you want. The date should be two days in advance. You disable AM from running at startup. You delete all other AM shortcuts, because you can never run it alone again, and add the new shortcut to the startup folder for AM to start up. And the trial will stay frozen, as long as you never run AM outside Timestoppers wrapper. There's a special repack by which installs them both in an easy manner.

Тrial files here ---> Site: http://www.filetolink.com/

Sharecode: [?]

files by koaask, follow instructions in the original post on p. 93

Download: Site: http://rghost.net/

Sharecode: [?]

files provided by MIH, follow instructions in the original post on p. 90

So there you go. I think I got everything fitted in here. If I missed a method, let me know. XD

For me the easiest solution would be the trial files by koaask. Time Stopper was a cool method, when requesting trials wasn't available,now it's too complicated, and you can still get the same result with less of a hassle. If you've never used AM before, however, it might be a goot method for you, because once you set it up, you're done. The dead-sure method is with the MAC address.

Anyways, hope I helped.

calguyhunk

@ Alanon - Good job, mate. Precise, to-the-point and yet comprehensive :thumbsup:

@ SacredCultivator - You need not lose sleep over this if you exclusively use FF with ABP like I do along with Element Hiding and DNT+. But if you need to use other browsers, especially IE, this makes sense. Equally importantly, AM also blocks ads in 3rd party apps like ICQ etc. That's where it's truely useful. Blocks ads in browsers, chat clients etc. ;)

madeinheaven

Ad Muncher Basic- How To Freeze Trial Period Forever With Time Stopper

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Run and Install Ad Muncher and Time Stopper 4.

2) Select 30 days Trial Period on registration windows or register with basic key.

If your 30 days trial expired don't panic! There are two ways re-gain trial!

2a) Ad Muncher Basic-How To Extend Unlimited Trial With Change MAC Address [instruction on first page] or

2b)Trial can be restored using the method of replacing the files **Special thanks koaask providing info and link** [post #1842"]

3) Open Time Stopper And Select the Main EXE of the trial version" choose a folder:

3a) C:\Program Files\Ad Muncher\AdMunch,exe [32 bit]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher\AdMunch,exe [64 bit]

3b) In section "Choose the new date" the date set for 2 days after the date of installation assemblies (for example if today is May 11th is the date set for 13th).

3c) Finally, in paragraph "Enter a name for create desktop icon" sets an arbitrary name for the shortcut from which you will continue to run Ad Muncher.

Note: This method work with basic key or trial period.

Posted Image

4) Click "Create desktop short-cut".

5) Click "Exit"

6) Stop Ad Muncher.exe Automatic Startup

Windows start -> run type in "msconfig" Risk enter, in the startup tab of the default boot off admuncher

Posted Image

7) Start newly created Ad Muncher shortcut Windows Startup

Make sure you can see hidden files and folders

Drag a shortcut from the desktop to the folder "C: \ Users \ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Startup"

8.) Reboot your computer and open Ad Muncher click on the "30 days free trial"

9) Update Advert List

Attention! Never Run Ad Muncher file AdMunch.exe - just created a shortcut in the Time Stopper or Windows Startup [section 7]

Note: Tested Working Windows 7 64 Bit.

madeinheaven

which one do u use?

I use my own legit key :) . You can use any method more easy and suitable 4 you they all working at the moment.

SacredCultivator
@Alanon / madeinheaven: Thanks for the descriptions on how-to, but jeebus, seems a bit complicated for a first timer. May give it a shot eventually.

madeinheaven

@Alanon / madeinheaven: Thanks for the descriptions on how-to, but jeebus, seems a bit complicated for a first timer. May give it a shot eventually.

There is no easy crack exist for the version 4.92 final or 4.93 beta at the moment but there is only workaround. It may look complicated but when you done it its pretty easy.

Micah J Berman

hey guys " Micah J Berman" has spoken lets all stop using ie and use what he deems fit.

GET OVER YOURSELF !

stop bitching, ie is a failed webbrowser, everyone knows that. I mean look at how it was created. Netscape based browsers can be unstable at times but Opera by far gives a much better performance alternative from internet explorer. So seriously, if you're gonna tell me to get over myself, perhaps you should look in a mirror.

Micah J Berman

I would disagree. Irregardless of the browser which is used, Ad Muncher is one of the best ad blockers around. From what I've seen, Adblock plus, which is most favoured among those who don't like AM has the same effect as a sufficiently large Hosts blocklist. Except a hosts blocklist is even more malware proactive.

Not to mention those users who have more than one browser installed. Not everyone likes having to check for updates on several browsers several times a week, on multiple user accounts, by multiple family members... :pos: Oh, and if you're a big Adblock fan, there's always Ad Fender, which uses EasyList, but is universal, and totally free (yet also primarily oriented towards IE, although AM has overcome such minor compatibility issues a logng time ago) ;)

Besides, the fact that there's so much effort invested over such a small (and for many - trivial) app only goes to show that there's something to it. :)

let me just say this, if ad muncher is that good then why does this topic exist? It obviously just blocks the ipv4 address of an advertising site and nothing else.

@Micah: It exists because the software needs activation methods. Very rarely does someone post a question here regarding a problem with AM. If you look at the title, it says Registration and Updating of Ad Muncher. :)

Your'e welcome. ;) It's not too difficult at all. You can easily follow the pictures, and even if you get a step wrong, using the trial methods it's all reversible. ;) If you need help, have any questions, or are confused about a step, feel free to ask! :)

I ask again: it is not possible use build-in tool to export filters (ONLY filters) from registered Ad Muncher and import them into Liberator cracked version?

Methinks not. Not that I've heard of, anyways. :(

But what's wrong with any of the current methods? If you set up Time Stopper, you'll have the same effect. :)

Beacuse this method is simpler (if works): cracked Liberator not trial, and manually import, with build in tools, updates - simple and clear.

OK, You cannot export build-in filters but You can:

1) export/import my filters

2) copy to clipborad build-in filters

So, if someone can create fake my filters file with copied and saved default filters I dont see problem.

Well, yeah, it's theoretically possible, but I'm under the impression it would take a HUGE amount of time and effort. Having said that, I believe that noone will undertake it, with there already being several solutions woth the latest program version.

Archived