madeinheaven

I bet this thread is the first thing the prog makers read when they wake up in the morning :P

That's a pretty safe bet, I think :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Views 716.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you mean by "Later change my config to yours."

Edit: i tried to do all you said and i still get the red cow:(

If you overwrite those files with mine you'll have my config for admunch (my filters, my options/filtering, my options/popups, ...)

I don't know why you've still got a red cow. I've tried to update again, got a red cow, followed my steps and got it to work.

@keyman

Make a copy of your files in "application data/ad muncher", so if the update fails you can recover it. It seems that is possible to make it working again with your own files but not with the other ones.

Wow great info! And it makes sense, I guess the reason why I could update is that I hadn't overwritten my files with other people's. Thanks JuLePe!

for me updates work but cow not work still red :/

So it means it's not blocking ads, popups, etc?

I bet this thread is the first thing the prog makers read when they wake up in the morning :P

That's a pretty safe bet, I think :)

After all, we're all just one big happy family of Ad Muncher fans :lol:

I KNOW ADMUNCHER IS READING THIS TREAD,

MAKE YOUR SOFTWARE CHEAPER AND I WILL PURCHASE COPIES

STOP SPYING ON THIS TREAD

The thing is, most devs don't look at reach but at profit maximization like any good company. Since by reducing the price by half, they won't be able to reach twice the no. of customers, or for that matter reducing it by 90%, they won't get 10 times the customer base, they'll not really look to bring it down any time soon.

Also, their main target is the IE crowd who don't know any better. The rest of us, obviously have multiple options. But to give the devil it's due, they do make it more customer friendly than any other competing product in the market.

So just checking is the space registration method still work as of today for the original serial?

Apparently not. Try Time Stopper or Runasdate.

Or use the Liberator patch from page 1 of this thread.

If you guys can't figure it out as per my post #1025, you should try Adblock Plus for Firefox or Chrome or try Adfender

that my exac words , no need for AM if u are a FF or a Chrome user.

when i was an FF user i NEVER use AM , just use easy list mix with fanboy list.

i start using AM when switch to chrome since api issue prevent eaylist and fanboy list to work , BUT now ad block plus build 768 bypass API limitation and works like in FF .

so BYE BYE AM , i wont be miss you anytime soon, :D

dany007119966

finally i find working version 4.91 and its updated to 3880 adv list

just install and copy evething to install directory am.adl, admuncher.exe and AM32562.fre

screen

http://imageupload.org/en/file/182122/dsa.jpg.html

Site: http://www.mediafire.com

Sharecode: /?rks5b0xq5afn8f5 [?]

:s not work for 4.92 and 4.93 :(

but if you want working version no matter that is 4.91 down it :wub:

i dont know it s a 30 day trial or what but work without lic :D

• Administrator

Also, their main target is the IE crowd who don't know any better.

Saying this from years now. Do let me know if they have improved their whitelisting in beta or something. As last time I tried it, the whitelisting thing only worked in IE.

If you guys can't figure it out as per my post #1025, you should try Adblock Plus for Firefox or Chrome or try Adfender

that my exac words , no need for AM if u are a FF or a Chrome user.

when i was an FF user i NEVER use AM , just use easy list mix with fanboy list.

i start using AM when switch to chrome since api issue prevent eaylist and fanboy list to work , BUT now ad block plus build 768 bypass API limitation and works like in FF .

so BYE BYE AM , i wont be miss you anytime soon, :D

My sentiments exactly. I am using Admuncher these days because of the giveaway , but when my license expire i wont look back to this great software.

It is so expensive for what it does , but we have to agree that is top notch.

Do let me know if they have improved their whitelisting in beta or something. As last time I tried it, the whitelisting thing only worked in IE.

Whitelisting does work on FF (Palemoon), Chrome and Opera. Tested with 4.93

• Administrator

Do let me know if they have improved their whitelisting in beta or something. As last time I tried it, the whitelisting thing only worked in IE.

Whitelisting does work on FF (Palemoon), Chrome and Opera. Tested with 4.93
OK. Thanks for the info. I'll look into it soon. :)

What happens if you want to buy with the "20% discount" do you get a key that only works in Poland then?

LAWL! Good one :lmao:

Adblock plus is better than admuncher in all tests (benchmarks, performance, memory) and have element hiding. It is available for Chrome and Firefox. if you use IE then download Simple adblock.

Use it with the fanboy list (adblock and privacy)

Came across this a short while ago....its an ad\banner blocker.....freeware, haven't tried it, given up with ad mucher and back to AdBlock Plus with element helper......had enough of worrying about the updates.....surely they just include a few new domains no one has ever used or heard of anyway :-D

Whoops...forgot the link...

http://www.majorshare.com/remove-ads-anti-ad/

Came across this a short while ago....its an ad\banner blocker.....freeware, haven't tried it, given up with ad mucher and back to AdBlock Plus with element helper......had enough of worrying about the updates.....surely they just include a few new domains no one has ever used or heard of anyway :-D

Whoops...forgot the link...http://www.majorshar...ve-ads-anti-ad/

IE- As hannubys said, Simple Adblock is the way to go for IE.

General all purpose - Haven't used Remove ads in clubhouse's link (I'll try that), but Ad Fender works pretty alright in my tests, though the total lack of options is annoying.

Also, there's no option to add filters, white-list domains or even the option to get rid of the blanked out ad spaces, so it looks kinda weird as compared to ABP. But it does get the job done mostly. I'm sure with more widespread usage and development, it'll get rid of it's overtly simplistic user interface and a basically non-existent options/settings list.

Personally on my primary installation, even though I still have "29 days remaining" in my AM Trial (4.93/filter-3228), I'm using Adblock plus + Element Hiding Helper with Do not track Plus. Personally, I think the first two should be part of the same add-on, not two different ones seeing as they're from the same developer anyways.

The element hiding is particularly important if you are a frequent visitor to any of those sites with annoying sliders as you scroll down to the bottom of the page or most of the news sites with "Next Story", "Developing Story" etc. "suggestions" attacking you from all crazy angles that even Ad Muncher cant get rid of. (These are not local ads, but the website trying to get more hits on it's own pages). "Helpful Suggestions" my a$$ :P

See the difference for yourselves as you scroll to the bottom on This Page or This Page with and without "Element Helper" configured - Tools>Ad Block Plus>Select Element to hide>Click on the annoying slider at the bottom of the screen and you're done :) (Sorry for my condescension, but make sure you choose the entire rectangle and not just a part of it)

(For people using the FF button, press F10 or Alt+t to enable the Menu bar/Tools menu item temporarily).

Fast as it is, I don't use Chrome for 1 reason alone - There's a one size fits all approach from Google that foolhardy it may be, doesn't lend itself favorably towards the technologically inclined (or anybody with a 60+ IQ, for that matter). Almost entirely non-customizable - starting right from the installation folder to automatic updates (and that's a biggie), creating tasks without permission with highest priorities, to lack of flexibility in the interface. The spoon-fed we-know-better-than-you approach is disconcerting, disrespectful and creepy IMO. Haven't used anything other than MS Office that doesn't even ask you where to install the damn program!

Archived