soldiers

dock98

just something i found on the web,i thought was appropraite for the times.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag...who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag...who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

Were it not for the brave... there would be no land of the free."

Author Unknown

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from Iraq a few days ago. I wish I could show you how much it has changed over there in the last year. It is so hard to get accurate information about OIF, different battle spaces very greatly in progress. Al Anbar vs Baghdad in particular are very different. It wont be until after the US elections before we can begin to put together a perspective of Iraq that isn't tainted by these crooked politicians (both sides). If you guys have any questions, I was stationed in and around the Al Anbar province for over a year.

Cheers

Tho im no pro-war i have HUGE respect for soldiers. Usually its how country use their soldiers that cause problems. irefay welcome back to north america and thx for fighting for us.

just something i found on the web,i thought was appropraite for the times.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag...who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag...who allows the protestor to burn the flag.

Were it not for the brave... there would be no land of the free."

Author Unknown

That is the truth dock...and not enough people understand nor do some want to understand at times

Archived