Imaging Software

elohelomg

I was using acronis, the boot cd, but, when i loaded it in the machine i wanted to recover the disk on, it would take about 30 mins to get to the reading all physical disks, but it just gets stuck there.

is there another software i can use for imaging, both making the image, and copying it? I need a boot disk, the hard drive has semi bad sectors (though acronis was able to read it when i took out the hard drive on used it on another pc), and recovering it thats pretty powerful.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try this....

When you see this:

acronis-backup-and-partition-management-boot-iso-1.jpg

Press F11 and put this.... "quiet acpi=off noapic" (without the quotes).

Sometimes this command helps.

In Hirens Boot CD you have the old Norton Ghost.

Try this....

When you see this:

acronis-backup-and-partition-management-boot-iso-1.jpg

Press F11 and put this.... "quiet acpi=off noapic" (without the quotes).

Sometimes this command helps.

In Hirens Boot CD you have the old Norton Ghost.

Tried the quiet acpi=off thing, and its still a no go.

I will try norton ghost, wonder if i can figure that one out. :/

cruelsister

If you have Ghost installed just make a Recovery Disk (which you can find on the main Ghost screen) and just boot up with that. I'm assuming you are using the latest version (15). I also use Acronis, alternating between both weekly for safety's sake, and never use anything but the Boot CD's for either one.

After i imaged the disk, i had to run a repair (some windows files were messed up), and that got the comp up and running. Now, here is the problem. When the computer boots up, it gives me a message about windows must validated before it continues, problem is, the screen is blank so i cant do a wga kill, and since these are office comps, i dont have access to safe mode, nor, does user thats given to be have access to safe mode. i cant open up the task bar, nothing, Anything we can do about this?

"a problem prevented windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. to proceed your copy of windows must be activated with microsoft. do you want to activate windows now?"

i know theres a way around it with regedit, but i cant find it for the life of me.

Archived