OEM key, Retail Disc

Chris`

I have a retail windows 7 installation disc, and I have WIN7 Ultimate x64 OEM installed on my computer.

My question is will it be possible to do a clean install using this retail disc and be able to activate it using my OEM key.

TIA guys.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible, if you have the correct certification. The OEM version uses a combination of OEM key and BIOS/certification identification.

Possible, if you have the correct certification. The OEM version uses a combination of OEM key and BIOS/certification identification.

I have my key, wouldn't that work when installing?? and if it doesn't wouldn't I be able to use opatool to insert a certificate?

I just want to make sure that I will be able to use the retail disc with my OEM ultimate key

Should be possible. I don't think there's any differences between the OEM/Retail for Windows 7. If your key is legit, you shouldn't need Opa. If it doesn't work, then just activate with another certificate/key.

Should be possible. I don't think there's any differences between the OEM/Retail for Windows 7. If your key is legit, you shouldn't need Opa. If it doesn't work, then just activate with another certificate/key.

Actually the key is from Opatool. So would that be a legit key?? or should I just use the install with the 30 day trial and then use opatool to insert a key/certificate?

Your key is legit only if you bought it. You can rearm the trial for 3 times I think, giving a total of 120 days in which you have time to read and study what activation path you want to follow once the trial is over.

Your key is legit only if you bought it. You can rearm the trial for 3 times I think, giving a total of 120 days in which you have time to read and study what activation path you want to follow once the trial is over.

okay, whereas I've activated my win7 ultimate I'm currently using with Opatool, wouldn't I be able to activate the Windows 7 from the retail disc with Opatool as well?

Yeah you can activate any Windows 7 with Opatool, as long as there is a proper BIOS in place, since as far as I know Opa installs a certificate and key.

NO!

OEM keys are different to Retail actual windows installation is different- I think Extreme Win 7 Activator would explain it all bit more in detail as BIOS certification once modded- possibly to identify that.

Long story short- Better do install with appropriate keys to version MDL is place for updated keys collection.

Done!! I reinstalled win7 and used daz's loader. works perfectly. I am no longer having issues with nsane loading or waiting for ajax.googleapis.com constantly. I think I had remnants of a clicker or redirect. all's good now

Thanks for your input guys.

It does work faultless, but get VOATKTools or Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Loader (in advance mode) and check your certificates... -_-

It does work faultless, but get VOATKTools or Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Loader (in advance mode) and check your certificates... -_-

Checked and all is good!!

Archived