• GeForce 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 Series
    • Radeon HD 2000-HD 3000
    • Radeon HD 4000
    • Radeon HD 5000
    • Radeon HD 6000
    • Other
  2. 2. What is your VGA brand?

Hello,

I've just recently bought my new Sapphire ATI 6870 card and now too happy with it :D

Curious to know whch VGA chipset and brand do you use, feel free to vote and reply with your experiences.

Share what you know!

• Replies 28
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Added XFX. :)

XFX ATI Radeon 5450. It is kinda slow but I'm able to get 30fps on 1024x768 and gotta love it's power saving.

Gigabyte HD4870 DDR5 1GB... I'm still happy with it.

Fr.jack hackett

Nv 7600 GT, well. It was good once :rolleyes: cba with worring about that sort of thing these days.

BFG (Big F***in GUN) GTX 260 MAXCORE

Sapphire HD4870 512MB @ 790-1000Mhz for me + Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo Pro (after one of my Scythe Musashi fans died). Still runs great.

Notebook: Ati Mobility Radeon HD3450

2 Sapphire HD4850's, both 512MB.

The 1st one is a reference model, the 2nd with a Sapphire PCB and better cooling solution.

Still going strong! Every game I play, maxed out at 1080p with at least 2xAA.

Let's see what we can do with Crysis 2 (which you can run maxed out on a 3 year old pc, according to reviews).

From what I read about Crysis 2, you can expect to play at 1080p/30 fps, if you have 4 GB RAM or more, a Phenom 2 x6 or a i5 [email protected] GHz at least, and your cards have 1 GB RAM

From what I read about Crysis 2, you can expect to play at 1080p/30 fps, if you have 4 GB RAM or more, a Phenom 2 x6 or a i5 [email protected] GHz at least, and your cards have 1 GB RAM

Agree with all except CPU, you don't need x6 cores to get highest setting!

You can reach the highest setting with just a powerfull X4 CPU, like Phenom II and Athlon, all X4 series and for Intel, all Quad cores in i5 and i7.

X6 CPUs are much more powerful than you think, although they recommend to play with Phenom II X3 or higher to get maxed in some games like DragonAge 2.

But anyway, I don't think you need a X6 core CPU, you need a strong GPU not a single core one, you might get that FPS with a 5970 or 6990; or make CrossFireX 6870 x2.

And onething more, 30 fps is too much low, you need at least 45 fps to play, in this way games will be very smooth, if it was possible for me to get 60 fps (Quad-CrossFireX 6990) with 1920x1080 res. on my 60 Hz monitor I would kill myself :D

With details you said, it is impossible to play the 3D version of Crysis 2.

@ Nima:

Crysis 2 Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 x2 2Ghz or better

GPU: NVidia 8800GT 512Mb, ATI 3850 512Mb or better

RAM: 2GB

DX: 9

Shader: 3.0

Frame Rate Target: 20fps@1024x768

Crysis 2 Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.66Ghz or better

GPU: NVidia GTX280 1GB, ATI 4870 1GB or better

RAM: 3GB

DX: 9

Shader: 3.0

Frame Rate Target: 30fps@1650x1080

Crysis 2 Optimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i5 3.1Ghz, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T or better

GPU: NVidia GTX 560 Ti, ATI 6850 or Dual graphics cards

RAM: 4GB

DX: 11

Shader: 4.0

Frame Rate Target: 30fps@1920x1200

From a private tracker forum, original source is unknown yet, but I have no reason to suspect the guy who posted these. So you see, it's not something I made up because I thought it, I just cited a source :)

Now, I already tried the retail FLT Crysis 2 on my Core 2 Duo @ 3.16 GHz, HD 4850 512 MB RAM, 4 GB RAM. It's not playable at all, even at 1280x720, on none of the 3 settings. The games stutters very often, without any reason, at all resolutions and detail settings... If the fps drops/stuttering (when zooming the weapon with right-click it happens pretty much every time) would not happen, I could play the game on 1680x1050 on Advanced settings. The CPU stays almost all the time at 100%, so a dual core is a minimum for this game.

The previous 2 Crysis titles were much more stable, especially Warhead. Well, at least I'm an RPG guy and don't really like FPSs.

I'm 100% sure there is something wrong with CPU needed in Optimum; it's impossible.

i5's are Quad-core, how can that site says even i5 Quad core OR AMD X6?

**Off-Topic: I'm also RPG lover like you, I don't like FPSs; My favorite games are Dragon Age, Fallout, Stalker and other RPG masterpeices.

My only combined explanations are that the game could be Intel-optimized, or it responds very well to higher CPU speeds. So it needs a fast quad or a normal hexa. AMD Phenom x6 series only shine when the app is really thought for so many threads, I highly doubt Crysis 2is so threaded, actually I heard that on a quad CPU it utilizes 3 cores at 70-90% and the fourth core is almost utilized. If somebody here is willing to donate a Core 2 Quad, I'll happily test it :D

By the way, I'm not saying that what I quoted is 100% correct, all I can tell is that Crysis 2 is just as demanding (or badly optimized) as the first one.

My Laptop Specifications

Processor: Core i3 370M | 2.4 GHz | 2 Cores - 4 Threads

RAM: 4 G.B. DDR3 1333 MHz

VGA: AMD Mobility HD 4650 - 660/820 MHz @ 1.0V (Overclocked)

HDD: Western Digital 320 G.B. 5,400 RPM

My laptop isn't very powerful, but I've been able to play almost all the top new games between 14 to 56 FPS @ Max, but the temperature reaches up to 88*C

Games I've played:

Mafia 2: Played with highest quality, APEX Physics Off. Turning on APEX greatly reduces FPS. Average FPS as with built-in benchmark: 17.0 FPS

Metro 2033: Very High, AAA, 16x AF, DX10. Average FPS: 15 FPS.

F1 2010: Ultra, 8x AA. FPS: 20 FPS

Mass Effect 2: Very High, 8x AA, FPS: 18

NFS HP: Very High, 8x AA, 16x AF, FPS: 17

COD 7: Very High, 16x AA, 16x AF, FPS: 22

Assassins' Creed: Very High, DX10, 8xAA (Super Sampling), FPS: 30

@tagtail: you should skip on the AA, practically all games that you listed are just unplayable slideshows. Try to reduce the settings until you play at an average of at least 40 fps. Playing modern games at 8xAA is for cards like GTX 470+ or similar Radeons...

Even if you manage an average of 30 fps, the AA will cause big drops in the framerate, that will make the game very annoying.

Crysis 2 runs great! Average fps @ 49, minimum @ 30 and max @ 60 on 1080p/hardcore.

Well, what else would you expect from a polished Xbox360 port?

Priceless Cooch

I have a Palit GTX 560 ti 2 gig model. overclock to 1000mhz. It plays most games maxed out and some game on high.

Archived