waiting for ajax.googleapis.com

Chris`

all day today when using this site when I click on a link it hangs for what seems like forever with waiting for ajax.googleapis.com in the status bar. i am also having problems with Google as well, being slow and not searching when i hit the search button. I dont have ajax.googleapis.com blocked in adplus or admunch. I am completly frustarted as I am not used to waiting 3 minutes for a page to load. If anybody has a solution or knows why this is happening, that would be great.

TIA

• Replies 23
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Is this happening from last two days? I'm facing similar problems about Google, and it's also effecting forums here...

I'm using Firefox, not experiencing any issues...

We load some resources from Google's servers in order to decrease the server load on our server. There's not much I can do to help you with this... (I tried moving the Javascript to the end of the document in order to have it 'post-load', but it won't work with the way IPB wrote the Javascript in the body.)

Is this happening from last two days? I'm facing similar problems about Google, and it's also effecting forums here...

Yes, it's been happening since this morning. I've noticed that other pages are loading extremely slow as well.

@Atasas yes i am using ff, just updated to 4.0 this morning,

come to think of it, could it be caused somehow from the new version??

This doesn't seem to be affecting IE9 though

i wonder why this is happening only to ff?

I am using ad munch

Here too

I thought it was just me or my ISP

I'm using Chrome 10 and Ad Muncher

Now, all internet is slow too

my whole internet is slow, not just this page.

anybody else experiencing slow connection?

If this problem is Admuncher and not our site then please let me know (by PM or quoting this post) and I will rename/move this topic ;)

If this problem is Admuncher and not our site then please let me know (by PM or quoting this post) and I will rename/move this topic ;)

The problem doesn't have anything to do with Admuncher. I disabled and closed it and the problem still persists.

the problem is actually with firefox 4...at least I don't get a big ass loading time in chrome, or with the previous version of ff :-/

The problem doesn't have anything to do with Admuncher. I disabled and closed it and the problem still persists.

But is it related to our forums only? Or does it appear on other sites as well.

Also: does it happen on any browser, or just Firefox 4 (like Marik reported)?

well it doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes

I'm using Firefox 4.0 myself as well and am not experiencing any issues...

Could you all try clearing your cache (buffer)?

I'm using Firefox 4.0 myself as well and am not experiencing any issues...

Could you all try clearing your cache (buffer)?

Already Tried that

Ok, it appears this issue has to to with AdBlock Plus (or other adblockers as well?) in combination with the ajax.googleapis.com domain.

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/762090#answer-120280

Please press 'I have this problem too' and try adding "@@||ajax.googleapis.com^$document" (without the quotes) to your exceptions in your adblocker.

Please report back whether this solves the issues.

If you don't have googleapis.com in NoScript, then you should all add it.

If you don't want any hassle, just install the latest build: Link

i think it might of been because of IDM

I was stubborn and refused to update mine cause I saw no reason to from reading the changelog.

after I updated to FF4, I kept seeing ajax.googleapis.com in the load bar....and that was it...it kept hanging and hanging

I had to press enter 10 times just to access the forum

I updated to build 10 just now...guess what....the ajax.googleapis.com adr appears for a fraction of a second and then it disappears....I think this fixed my problem.

Archived