Best Browser: Internet Explorer 9 vs. FireFox 4 vs. Chrome 10

Tweety.Abd

Hey!

I just wanted to know what you guys think is the overall best browser with regards to speed, security and privacy. I think that IE9 is quite an improvement from it's predecessor, though a bit late, but it's amazingly fast. With the addition of Hardware Acceleration (DirectX Support), it's probably the best browser out there for flash. Though FF4 has Hardware Acceleration, but it's not as good as IE9. -

I want to know what you all think :)

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

security cannot be compromised for looks ... ;)

thats my take , Firefox it is .

and moreover , IE 9 might be fast ,

but its not 'way' faster than FF4 ....

Firefox all the way :D

Dif people, dif tastes, but as for me it's firefox all the way

Chrome here... but I like IE 9 a lot.

I don't like firefox though. Never been lucky with that browser. Always a problem. pretty sad actually.

It doesn't suck ;)

I personally use Firefox and Chrome, and of course I also use the Microsoft Updater/Firefox&Chrome download manager a.k.a. IE :)

why not opera 11 included?unsure.gifmad.giffist.gif

Because it sucks. :P :tease:

Cheers ;)

so a sucker had been frontpaged and even been picked lol

1. Firefox 4.0 (Best in speed and security; for more security options, try NoScript, AdBlockPlus, Ghoestry, BetterPrivacy)

2. Chrome 11

The first one is more recommended.

I've tried a few over the years and FF has always been No1 for me. Maybe because thats what im used to. I don't go deep into all the browsers features and fancy stuff ^_^ Just Firefox and some good addons and Im happy. Updated from 3 to 4 today, changed a couple of options, most of the addons worked fine. Seems a bit faster but that will vary depending on my internet connection and DNS server. Benchmarks don't meen anything imo. Whether it's the fastest or slowest I'd still use Firefox.

Well I use the benchmarks as reference point, as well the reviews from web pages or users. When I was a newbie, and still i'm, I used IE6, after a few months later I started using FF2, when FF3 was launch and program slow down when you started (for me 1 or sometimes 2 minutes without addons installed), I decided to look for an alternative, I found Opera, Chrome was in very early stage like 0.8 or 0.9, so I decide for Opera, I'm still using it, not much difference in the load of pages for me, between those two, because I use alpha and beta's from Opera, some pages don't load very well, so in those pages I use Chrome, the good thing about Chrome, it's that even Dev builds are very stable, good and fast. FF4 seems pretty good so far. And IE9 using for my mail from hotmail :).

Archived