ZoneAlarm 7.0.408.000 Final

Zeus_Hunt

ZoneLabs.gifZoneAlarm's firewall had reached its peak, Zone Labs has found a way to make it even better, increasing its power against spyware and leak-test malware techniques. Its program control is more flexible than ever, with different levels of trust and the ability to kill the worst programs instantly. The combination of kernel-level firewall techniques and signature-based spyware recognition already offers unusually powerful spyware blocking and decent removal. Overall, the next version of ZoneAlarm looks to be a superb security suite.

Download

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont know if i should get this or other firewall... or even outpost... hhhmmm... so manny only few... are good thanks

....The link aint working for me keeps sending me back to forum.......

..Well i will check in l8r not a big deal if the link works or not for me thank you for link...

comodo... i heard about it it seems to be a good one like outpost..

Comodo Firewall Pro is among the best personal firewalls you can find. It has great anti leak capabilities, advanced features that only paid firewalls can offer and a nice GUI. Oh, and it's free!

I've been using it for over a year and can't live without it now.

By the way, Comodo Firewall and NOD32 antivirus make a great team together.

IMHO Comodo is far better than Zonealarm. It's far more streamlined, has a great GUI, is easy to set up and maintain, and like mentioned in a previous post NOD32 is in love with it!! :)

About NOD32.... well.... so so.... I've been using NOD32 during the last years, I like this Antivirus but....... (always but).. yesterday I visited a personal customer that I've been caring during some time, he called me because he got a new virus from the MSN. I got surprised when I noticed that NOD32 didn't stop it, He has the last version and completely updated.

So I uninstalled the NOD32 then I installed Kaspersky last version scaned the HD and Kaspersky detected, deleted the virus without no problem. NOD32 not detected it.

Sigh!!! so now I've been thinking to give a try to Kaspersky

Thanks for the news, ZoneAllarm is the best firewall in circulation, joined to good antivirus like Avast you guarantees the maximum protection against virus, worms and to spyware. It is much easy one to use. By now of valid free firewalls they are remained little in circulation.

i was using ZoneAlarm before,,, I tell you the its not good as it used to be.. it crashes my PC several times. I thought the problem is with my PC but when I installed it on my laptop, and it crashes.. there. I swore never to use ZONEALARM again. tsk,,

im still looking for better firewalls and anti-virus.. i dont think NOD32 is good.. im sticking with kaspersky..

but with the update kasperksy has released just recently.. the crack doesn't work anymore. ^^

I have some not so good news about the new Vista compatible ZoneAlarm Security Suite v7.1.078.000. It installs an update of somekind that deactivates Paradox activator on Vista. Apparently after you install ZA it tells you to reboot to finish installation. When windows loads back up it configures the fix to deactivate Windows. The proof is in the pudding when you check your activation status cause it reverts back to 30 days to activate, and attempts to reapply Paradox are futile. Pretty cunning on behalf of ZoneLabs, they wait soooo long to come out with a Vista compatible Suite, and bingo the first release is an anti-windows-piracy suite. This is just a heads up at what Zonelabs is all about and what they are doing behind the scenes. I believe that they may have been influenced by Microsoft, so beware of ZoneLabs products. Friend or Fo?

i believe these are the culprits:

WINDOWS6.0-KB929547-V2-X64.MSU

WINDOWS6.0-KB929547-V2-X86.MSU

they are in the Windows Self-Installing Executable of ZA security suite 7.1

I have some not so good news about the new Vista compatible ZoneAlarm Security Suite v7.1.078.000. It installs an update of somekind that deactivates Paradox activator on Vista. Apparently after you install ZA it tells you to reboot to finish installation. When windows loads back up it configures the fix to deactivate Windows. The proof is in the pudding when you check your activation status cause it reverts back to 30 days to activate, and attempts to reapply Paradox are futile. Pretty cunning on behalf of ZoneLabs, they wait soooo long to come out with a Vista compatible Suite, and bingo the first release is an anti-windows-piracy suite. This is just a heads up at what Zonelabs is all about and what they are doing behind the scenes. I believe that they may have been influenced by Microsoft, so beware of ZoneLabs products. Friend or Fo?

With 2 Paradox Vista Ultimates running ZoneAlarm 71_078_000 happily, the issues must be related to the antivirus or other aspect of its Security Suite,

I use Symantec.Antivirus.Corporate.Edition.v10.2.276 for Vista, or Nod32 Antivirus System 2.70.39 with ZoneAlarm 71_078_000 successfully.

ZoneAlarm 71_078_000 does install its own Vista hotfix of some sort, but that doesn't interfere with the Paradox solution.

In my experience anyway

With 2 Paradox Vista Ultimates running ZoneAlarm 71_078_000 happily, the issues must be related to the antivirus or other aspect of its Security Suite,

I use Symantec.Antivirus.Corporate.Edition.v10.2.276 for Vista, or Nod32 Antivirus System 2.70.39 with ZoneAlarm 71_078_000 successfully.

ZoneAlarm 71_078_000 does install its own Vista hotfix of some sort, but that doesn't interfere with the Paradox solution.

In my experience anyway

I don't know what the culprit is,, but I reapplied Paradox after uninstalling ZASS 7.1. I get BSOD right after Vista bootscreen.

In my experience anyway

I don't know what the culprit is,, but I reapplied Paradox after uninstalling ZASS 7.1. I get BSOD right after Vista bootscreen.

*RECAP*

OMG, you guys will thinks I'm nuts, lol. Well, as you know I have had an issue for the past two days with ZASS 7.1, my Paradox activated Vista lite was de-activated after installing ZASS 7.1, and the timer started ticking down. All my attempts to fix were futile [causing BSOD's, and lots of wasted time/anger!]. So today I stopped sweat'n over it, and got to the point of "AH whatever, oh well". But amidst my peacefull state of mind, I wanted to try VMWare Workstation 6.0.1 [55017]. So I installed it, rebooted, tried running it, got told to reinstall it, then using the repair option I reinstalled it. Ran it again, this time it loaded up proper. So then I wanted to visit the Windows Device Manager to check out the Virtual Ethernet Adapter. So I right clicked on My Computer and found that my Windows was activated again. Don't ask me cause I don't know. I forgot to mention that before I installed VMWare I fully updated Windows for the first time, all 25 updates. So I don't really know if it re-activated from the Windows Updates or VMWare.

Archived