Is there any Ad-block add-on for IE9?

Tweety.Abd

Hey,

I were using FireFox 3.6 until recently, I've decided to move to IE9 since it's helluva lots faster than FF3.6 I were wondering if there were any ad-block add-on for IE as there were for FF.

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

I were using FireFox 3.6 until recently, I've decided to move to IE9 since it's helluva lots faster than FF3.6 I were wondering if there were any ad-block add-on for IE as there were for FF.

peerblock , simple - sort of blocks ads on the whole computer, all the browsers

www.peerblock.com

Simple Adblock is a great Ad Blocker for IE , Simple Adblock is using Adblock Plus Filters to block Ads

peerblock , simple - sort of blocks ads on the whole computer, all the browsers

www.peerblock.com

I used "Peer Block", though I mainly used it for torrents, but I'm not sure how well it blocks adds, but I can say that it failed to block adds that appear on WLM 2011, but I'm going to try out Simple Ad Block for IE9

Thanks anyway :)

http://www.quero.at/adblock_ie_tpl.php

"This is an ad blocking Tracking Protection List (TPL) for Internet Explorer 9, based on the Adblock Plus EasyList."

Simple Adblock Free and Pro:

"The Free and Pro version includes the same features, but the free version is limited to blocking 100 adrequests per day. When installing the Free version there is a 30 day trial period, where the adblock limit is removed."

So after 30 days Simple Adblock only works for 100 adrequests per day. Have to buy the pro version to lift the restriction after 30 days. If I had to pay for ad blocking software, I would definitely use Ad Muncher which is superb.

Hey,

I were using FireFox 3.6 until recently, I've decided to move to IE9 since it's helluva lots faster than FF3.6

Did you try Firefox 4? It's a lot faster then 3.6 and IE9.

Cheers ;)

Hey,

I were using FireFox 3.6 until recently, I've decided to move to IE9 since it's helluva lots faster than FF3.6

Did you try Firefox 4? It's a lot faster then 3.6 and IE9.

Cheers ;)

Yes! I'm using it right now, I've downloaded it off N-Sane Down :) But I believe IE9 is a tad faster, but Chrome's the fastest of all?

Yeah, Chome is the fastest, but in my opinion it's missing a lot of basic functions. In addons and functionality it can't match with Firefox 4. IE9 is faster in benchmark by a fraction, but there are reports that Microsoft cheats in benchmarks.

Cheers ;)

use Hostsman ( free program ) , and update to MVPS hosts file . the list is quite good,, and almost regularly updated .

it would block ads , banners and other bad hosts name from opening up on your computer . and in any browser .

if you would like to have more protection , subscribe to more lists .. they are available in Hostsman for subscription .

but just be aware , of subscribing to many lists ,, as it would increase the Hosts file size and that slows down the system ....

there are ways to work around that too ,

just check the site and you will know ...

Archived