Router problem!

sanjoa

Hi, guys! I've got a TL-MR3420 TP-Link router and today I've upgraded the firmware of it. The problem is that I can't connect to internet (I've got a 3G USB Mobile modem plugged into it), so I did flashed it again, and now I've got an unknown network (public network) message at network settings. I'm using Win7 Ult SP1. Any solution? I can't gather access to router configuration.

• Replies 22
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.tp-link.com/products/productDetails.asp?class=&pmodel=TL%2DMR3420

once flashed- obviously all of the settings are in default. To access, you need default IP address(on site or manual) and preferably cable connection, afterwards- will have to do all settings with few restarts to get settings to your liking. Your G3 modem at the moments means nothing- do not bother that, untill you accessed your router. Some makers do have separate management suites for easy set up/access

So once you set up sharing rules etc- then you connect to modem

I'll tell you, I can't access to router configuration (192.168.1.1) using IE9 or OPERA or Firefox

I can guarantee, that address is ever so slightly different, once firmware is flashed. also, do not allow windows configuration to start when you plug it in (in case you do have separate suite for management and access).

If those don't work:

switch off, Restart your PC delete network connections and restart again, before pluging in router. Router- have a look for a reset button and after complete unplug from everywhere, plug inn power- wait 2/3 min press Reset and wait another minute before restart.

Now you are good to connect them.

Do you have managment suite as such?- if you do- start install before connecting Router. Dependant on suite/maker- slightly different ways for all further settings

I don't understand. Is an automatic process, I have not any management suite.

http://www.tp-link.c...1&m=TL%2DMR3420 download and read all in there.

simple diagram

http://www.tp-link.com/support/todownload.asp?url=%2Fdownload%2Fdatasheet%2FTL%2DMR3420%5Fds%2Ezip

Thus is a problem, that you allow windows to take over control, before you set it up(after flashing)

Just unplug everything restart everything, then go to your PC network connections- delete that connection and restart PC before connecting again.- that way you'll have better chance to follow instructions without wrong settings

It says me I have an invalid IP address. While trying to renew it, It says that a new IP address can't be obtained because DCHP server is not available

It says me I have an invalid IP address. While trying to renew it, It says that a new IP address can't be obtained because DCHP server is not available

it indicates to me:

1- error mesages within browser

2- access settings/address for router incorrect

all I acn advise you is to read borring manuals and notes, especially with new firmware- to find correct IP

92.168.1.1. is default for before flashing

http://www.pcwintech.com/port-forwarding-tp-link-tl-mr3420-tp-link-firmware

is simple guide for settings

Hola José. There is a chance that you have bricked your router. This can happen if flashhing process is interrupted or if the firmware is not the precise one required. You can google for "bricked router" or "tftp" in that case.

You can also try to asign a static IP to your PC in the normal range of IPs asigned by the router´s DHCP server, and then try to acces to the configuration web page.

Good luck!

it indicates to me:

all I acn advise you is to read borring manuals and notes, especially with new firmware- to find correct IP

http://www.pcwintech...p-link-firmware

192.168.1.1 can't be opened.

Hola José. There is a chance that you have bricked your router. This can happen if flashhing process is interrupted or if the firmware is not the precise one required. You can google for "bricked router" or "tftp" in that case.

You can also try to asign a static IP to your PC in the normal range of IPs asigned by the router´s DHCP server, and then try to acces to the configuration web page.

Good luck!

What to do with bricked router or TFPT?

First of all, try to configure your PC interface with a static IP like 192.168.1.100 and a subnet mask like 255.255.255.0. Then try to access your router´s configuration web page at: http://192.168.1.1. If this doesn´t work, please try again with adresses in the range 192.168.0.x.

Another thing to try is to ping your router. You need to open a command console an try with the command "ping 192.168.x.1" to see if your router is responding.

If your router is braindead then the only chance you have is to reflash with the original firmware, in some routers this can be done via TFTP protocol, in others involves opening the device an soldering some cables. You must google for your specific brand and model.

First of all, try to configure your PC interface with a static IP like 192.168.1.100 and a subnet mask like 255.255.255.0. Then try to access your router´s configuration web page at: http://192.168.1.1. If this doesn´t work, please try again with adresses in the range 192.168.0.x.

Another thing to try is to ping your router. You need to open a command console an try with the command "ping 192.168.x.1" to see if your router is responding.

If your router is braindead then the only chance you have is to reflash with the original firmware, in some routers this can be done via TFTP protocol, in others involves opening the device an soldering some cables. You must google for your specific brand and model.

seems the IP given "192.168.1.1" works for me in FF4 RC2 i must have missed this but do you have your virus program running when you do this? sometimes mine is asinine and wont let me when i try to access my settings, most thing your router prolly needs is a good refresh, do you know the password to access such settings? i know its a stupid question but sometimes people don't try the easiest of things :)

it indicates to me:

http://www.pcwintech...p-link-firmware

Good luck!

store return policy? in the usa return and get another one

1- correct reflashing will not happen before access, your errors appear to be mainly due to misconfigurations. Delete everything regarding this router network settings and start again

2- try all access etc issues with another PC

3- exiting all AV before plugging back in (as suggested)

best of luck!

I'll tell you, I can't access to router configuration (192.168.1.1) using IE9 or OPERA or Firefox

Maybe you have to use: 192.168.1.1/index.htm ?

I'm calling TP LINK support in Argentina tomorrow, because router is broken!

• Administrator

I'm calling TP LINK support in Argentina tomorrow, because router is broken!

As long as you used the correct firmware and flashed through a wired network, I think it'll remain in warranty. :)

This is not the first time I've flashed the router. And it was rebooting when it reached 100% and stopped working

• Administrator

I see. I'm just saying that don't let them claim that you've void the warranty. ;)

I'd find older forware and try flashing, before new re'flashing and then send-it back if must

Archived