Droid is Freaking OUT!

Ambrocious

OK, so my Droid is freaking out. It keeps pulling down the bar all on it's on, the bar that displays advance info like programs installed and other info like running programs. It will lock up the back and home buttons and it slows down my typing a lot, even on the physical keyboard. Naturally, I suspected it was a virus so I got the 7 day trial of Kaspersky for droid (let me tell you, that was hard to accomplish all things considering) and did a COMPLETE scan only to find NOTHING. Before I did this, I had the normal antivirus which AVG offers. It said it found stuff and it said "Fix Now" which after pushing.....it still was there!

I plugged my phone into my computer via usb and I scanned it with Avast which came up with no threats. I also scanned it with SUPERAntispyware, no threats. Malwarebytes doesn't have an option to scan selected drives on my computer unfortunately other wise I would have done that. What can I do? Any suggestions? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... how about, you'd do a simple restart?

if it persists- back up and complete system restore (with restart)- factory settings restore thingy.

... how about, you'd do a simple restart?

if it persists- back up and complete system restore (with restart)- factory settings restore thingy.

I already resterted, including taking out the battery and SD card too. I'll try the factory reset thingy...

UPDATE: I did a full rest.....it's still happening to it!! I have taken very good care of my Droid and never have spilled anything on it or dropped it or anything. Any ideas what could be causing this? I know that tonight the moon is suppose to be VERY close to the earth.....could it be possible that it is interfering?

Best of luck!

if no joy- whole Android OS issue or even hardware... obviously you did not install new apps recently?

let us know, hos it will turn out!?

might be an issue with the SD card itself...leave it out and see if the same issues occur...i've had a similar experience and replacing SD fixed the problem...

Yeah I took it out and then restarted it without the SD card...still was having the problem. It seems to just stop after a while and be perfectly fine only to start up again for no apparent reason.

Archived