Problem with Autochec program

ROMANTICGUY50

ROMANTICGUY50

First to let you know HELP.... I have two hard drives on my computer. One has XP PRO and the other has Ubuntu on it.... When I go to start Windows XP PRO It goes into the blue screen and I get the error message Autochec program can not be found- skipping autocheck, then it finished booting up and I was on my desktop...... I googled it and some of the responses were about Norton which I don't have on my computer... I don't know what is causing ir and what to do about it. You are tech savvy and I am not. I hope someone can help me figured this out.... Thanks in advance-Tim

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ROMANTICGUY50

hmhm total guesstimate- is jumpers on HDD's are set as masters both (jumpers)?

I would assume so when I boot up I have a choice to go to Ubuntu or Windows and the funny past it that the problem just started a few days ago I have had bother OS on my puter for awhille

still, unplug and plug in jumpers/cables- quick and simple. If not NtLDR repair(google)... as to be honest , I think Autochrck is file integrity checker component- could be HDD kaput!

ROMANTICGUY50

@

ROMANTICGUY50

keep us posted old boy!

This may sound strange but I did a boot defrag and the error went away. Maybe someone can explain that to me pls

This may sound strange but I did a boot defrag and the error went away. Maybe someone can explain that to me pls

not as 100%, but I'd say some error, misconfiguration caused by some malware perhaps.

anw- good all is well!

ROMANTICGUY50

not as 100%, but I'd say some error, misconfiguration caused by some malware perhaps.

anw- good all is well!

Did the scan and everything came out fine No error messages

Archived