Antec 902 Top Fan not spinning

UberNoob

hey all,

Just bought an Antec 902, enclosing my hardware as I type.

It has 4 fans, 120 mm in size, one sitting in the back, two in the front.

The problem is the fourth fan, the big 200 mm that sits on top of the case. All fans are connected with male molex cables to my 650 watt psu female molex cables, but the top one just will not spin. I have opened it up repeatedly, checking for any cables caught in the fan, but it is all clear. All fans have blue LED lights, and they are all on including the non-functional 200 mm one. I've tried repeatedly switching cables, to no avail. The panel on the back is set to top fan ON and rear fan ON. They are both set to LOW, and I have tried other settings, the rear fan will speed up or slow down, but the top fan will not budge.

Any ideas?

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess you got a bad fan. On the bright side, Antec is very good at replacements.

I have an Antec 300 case and the top 140mm fan died in about 6 months. Filled out an RMA on Antec's website, and all they asked me to do was break a blade off the bad fan, and send them a picture of it. Had the new fan about five days later.

It's probably busted, good thing you just bought it, you should return the case and tell them about the problem and get a replacement. Or maybe ask them first if they will just replace the fan for you. That's how it is with electronics, sometimes you get a dud. Carry it back to the place you bought it from asap and see what they can do for you.

thanks for your replies fellas...

good news, took it back to the store, they tested it there, and deemed it faulty. They took the faulty fan, and are going to get a replacement from Antec, and they said that I could use the case until they mail the replacement fan to me. :)

Archived