installing x86 on x64 system

Chris`

I am trying to install Hitman Pro x64 3.5.8 119 on my Windows 7 Home Premium x64 system.

I am getting this error

post-35863-0-71663900-1300364867_thumb.j

I've tried running it in compatibility mode and still same error.

• Replies 11
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there no way to install a x86 program on my x64 system? There is no patch for x64 Hitman Pro.

unknownasphyxiated

its better if you use any security software that got patch for them

if there a patch made for them,then you can change back to it

:)

I guess I am going to have to use Hitman Pro x64 and finish out the 2 or 3 days left on my trial date. and just hope that the good people of nsane will make a pacth for the x64 version.

from what I understand, there shouldn't be a problem installing and running a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system. I just can figure out how.

@unknownasphyxiated

Thanks for your replies and help.

This site is the best I have ever come across, my one-stop-shop for everything I need. I hardly ever log off. Thanks guys, you're the best. Keep up the great work!

:lol:

I guess I am going to have to use Hitman Pro x64 and finish out the 2 or 3 days left on my trial date. and just hope that the good people of nsane will make a pacth for the x64 version.

from what I understand, there shouldn't be a problem installing and running a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system. I just can figure out how.

@unknownasphyxiated

This site is the best I have ever come across, my one-stop-shop for everything I need. I hardly ever log off. Thanks guys, you're the best. Keep up the great work!

it is like this get the disease (security program to infect your pc) which has medicine ( you know what i mean nsane's personally created medicines for disease) for it. :smartass: i am following the same path no nsane medicine no usage. :coolwink:

@unknownasphyxiated

it is like this get the disease (security program to infect your pc) which has medicine ( you know what i mean nsane's personally created medicines for disease) for it. :smartass: i am following the same path no nsane medicine no usage. :coolwink:

huh?

• Administrator

Yes you can install a 32bit software on a 64bit OS without any problems or any extra effort whatsoever. It's just like installing a 32bit on 32bit and 64bit on 64bit. But this excludes softwares that needs drivers to work. The drivers need to specifically be for 64bit OS and signed. That's why, you cannot install 32bit AVs, FWs, etc. on a 64bit OS.

But drivers is just one part of it.

Yes you can install a 32bit software on a 64bit OS without any problems or any extra effort whatsoever. It's just like installing a 32bit on 32bit and 64bit on 64bit. But this excludes softwares that needs drivers to work. The drivers need to specifically be for 64bit OS and signed. That's why, you cannot install 32bit AVs, FWs, etc. on a 64bit OS.

But drivers is just one part of it.

So there is no way that I can install 32bit Hitman Pro on my 64bit system?

• Administrator

So there is no way that I can install 32bit Hitman Pro on my 64bit system?

Not that I know of. But yea, most likely its no.

The free version On-Demand scan is quite though. Just use it. If it finds some infection, just use your normal AV to clean it.

Will do! thanks for your help

Archived